SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm trying to find examples so i don't have to drive 20 miles out of my way. I mean if HD sells dimension...what is the difference?

Tbh, I don't know specifically, but I don't believe they use the same formulas, potencies as the real stuff. They aren't going to make the professional stuff that landscapers use on golf courses etc. available to the general public. Most folks don't know there is a difference or that a place like John Deere even exists that sells it. In fact, I have to use my neighbors sons landscaping company name when I buy it.

Gonna try to lit dimension down tomorrow. Hopefully not too late, I see some weeds and crab grass.

On a side note, lawn was nowhere near this green last year.

Dude..crabgrass is around in July and August ..not late April.. you're likely seeing something else.

The Dimension you want to work in late July thru August when we're touching and crabgrass is rampant. May 1-10 is when it goes down.

Dude..crabgrass is around in July and August ..not late April.. you're likely seeing something else.

The Dimension you want to work in late July thru August when we're touching and crabgrass is rampant. May 1-10 is when it goes down.

http://extension.umass.edu/turf/fact-sheets/biology-and-management-crabgrass Management with Herbicides

Crabgrass can be selectively controlled in turfgrass areas by judicious use of preemergence or postemergence herbicides. Timing is important for herbicide applications. The best time for preemergence application of herbicides is before or at the time that Forsythia is in full bloom, or when soil temperatures reach 55° F for four to five consecutive days. This is late April or early May in Massachusetts. Postemergence herbicides can be used when crabgrass is in the 2- to 5-leaf stage. Repeat applications may be required depending upon treatment specifics.

For a details on current herbicides registered for control of crabgrass, refer to the latest edition of the Professional Guide for IPM in Turf for Massachusetts.

Yup. They aren't allowed to sell the good stuff. I don't lie dude. Honest injun

I just grabbed some myself, Andrew.

Kevin you are right. The home depot stuff is a lesser grade. Found out myself.

i also noticed that they don't even sell any version of merit (even on-line)

Getting there.

Looks good, Scott.

I'm eager for this to get done.  Not because I wanted (or want)  a pool, but I can't stand looking at the eyesore dirt and rocks around it.  It'll be good to have the loam and top soil brought in.  Then to see what type of fast-growing grass I can get in there quickly  to be replaced by a good sun/shade mix over time.

Wow nice pool...tastefully done. Surprised it's not still iced over up there on the high east slope ;)

Thanks--we thawed on Tuesday.  :)

Lord knows when it'll be warm enough to want to go in it.  We hit 62 on Thursday, but other than that, our daily highs this week have been in the 30's, 40's, and 50's.  Can't we even eek out a mid 60's day?  Might eek out a couple low 60's, but otherwise another week in the 50's.  I don't recall the trees being completely bare this far into spring.  Perhaps it's like this every year and I'm just being impatient.  Don't think that's the case though.

Looks good in the picture you posted.  The Deer'es  in for service, so thankfully it hasn't been necessary yet here.

Thanks, but the whole yard certainly doesn't look as nice. We are landscaping a lot of it too, so money will go to that which is more important since the old shrubs etc got ripped out or will be ripped out. Went out yesterday looking for some new bushes/plants.

Archived