SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
5th Annual Lawn/Garden Thread warm season 2014

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only used the ones on tracks. Take it slow if it's your first time (meaning keep the throttle down) until you get the hang of it. You might stall a few times, but it's better than getting hurt. They're really not that complicated.

Will be taking it very slow to start. I've driven an actual bobcat before, but this is a john Deere skid loader and all the controls are with your hands. The bobcat operates the bucket using your feet. Personally I think that's probably easier.

I will be taking before and after pics, hopefully no glaring issues arise lol

keep the throttle low as you learn and use k turns instead of full skid turns ... don't lift the loader arms up too high if u don't have to makes it Tippier especially on side hills

Yup. Throttle was pretty low the whole time. Its a newer model that uses a pedal to control it as well.

Controls are pretty touchy for the bucket at first. I almost learned the hard way about the arms. I lifted it up way to high the first time I went do empty a load and I was on two wheels briefly lol.

Nice piece of equipment though. Tearing up big pine tree roots with relative ease.

I've completely gone apesh*t on my yard. There is a big patch that parallels my street where I killed a bunch of weeds last fall. I just got tired of it and with a hoe...I ripped the whole thing up. The heck with it, I'm just gonna seed it and start over on that area. I'm just ripping all the crap out in my yard and putting seed on it. 

I've completely gone apesh*t on my yard. There is a big patch that parallels my street where I killed a bunch of weeds last fall. I just got tired of it and with a hoe...I ripped the whole thing up. The heck with it, I'm just gonna seed it and start over on that area. I'm just ripping all the crap out in my yard and putting seed on it.

i did the same today,reseeding to the max

Pretty Much the way to do it. Its not worth screwing around sometimes

In terms of level of hate

1)Japanese knotweed....the worst plant on the planet. 

2) Crab grass

3) White Pine (tree crabgrass)

4) Pachysandra

5) hosta.

awww I like white pine! Nothing like being in a grove of towering white pines, uniquely new England.

I'd have to say oriental bittersweet is my least favorite, forest destroyer.

Archived