Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

LOL thank you so much! :-) I enjoy this board forum so much. Everyone is great!

You're very welcome...btw...that "hands are tied by Ankara" quote was from Midnight Express...in response to your 420 comment...just in case you didn't quite follow the reference...(the picture *is* almost 40 years old now). 

Guest Pamela

You and I are the only ones old enough to get that reference, and all good Turks go the right....

You take care of my boy, you hear...or I'll have your <unprintable>

I saw this storm as the last opertunity for significant snow, now it just looks like just a few light to moderate snow showers. After a great winter that ended snow wise a month ago I am looking forward to my house on FI and the summer season, 57"+ is a good winter for us in the city.

I saw this storm as the last opertunity for significant snow, now it just looks like just a few light to moderate snow showers. After a great winter that ended snow wise a month ago I am looking forward to my house on FI and the summer season, 57"+ is a good winter for us in the city.

March storms rarely work out for this area. This is my nonprofessional but very accurate assessment for the last 51 years.

Guest Pamela

Last year we had a decent March storm and do not forget 1888, 1982, 1984, and 1993 to name a few.

Sorry...I have no recollection of 1888...I was fighting in the Franco-Prussian war at the time...

You take care of my boy, you hear...or I'll have your <unprintable>

Oliver Stone's first big movie; the violence was stunning. John Hurt and Brad Davis were incredible. We lost Davis too soon. The actual real life escape was less dramatic, but far more harrowing. A forgotten film from the 70's though Giorgio Moroder's sountrack can be heard nightly on Coast to Coast, perfect for stories of alien abduction and bigfoot.

too bad its ending this way....Of course this is the storm that the models don't budge on

Guest Pamela

Oliver Stone's first big movie; the violence was stunning. John Hurt and Brad Davis were incredible. We lost Davis too soon. The actual real life escape was less dramatic, but far more harrowing. A forgotten film from the 70's though Giorgio Moroder's sountrack can be heard nightly on Coast to Coast, perfect for stories of alien abduction and bigfoot.

Yep in reality the convict was a kid from Long Island and he took a boat to escape an island prison (w/o killing the warden).  Great film; though obviously not well received in the nation it was set in.  Actually did considerable damage to the tourist trade there for several years. 

Yep in reality the convict was a kid from Long Island and he took a boat to escape an island prison (w/o killing the warden).  Great film; though obviously not well received in the nation it was set in.  Actually did considerable damage to the tourist trade there for several years. 

It was a miracle he escaped on that small boat. He was in open sea for awhile.

too bad its ending this way....Of course this is the storm that the models don't budge on

Yeah I made that observation earlier; it's like it doesn't want to snow here again this year. Sometimes this happens the entire winter. Probably due to happen again next winter.

Guest Pamela

Sorry...I have no recollection of 1888...I was fighting in the Franco-Prussian war at the time...

The fact that 14 minutes have passed and no one has commented that this war ended in 1871 is keenly disappointing...

The fact that 14 minutes have passed and no one has commented that this war ended in 1871 is keenly disappointing...

I minored in history and don't remember that one too well.

You know the storm is toast when we are talking about hit films from the 70's and 19th century history and no one is telling us to go to banter.I'm gonna miss being here for another 10 months.

Guest Pamela

I minored in history and don't remember that one too well.

Obscure German / French conflict...you had to have been there to get the flavor of it.

I was just looking at the NAM and GFS for the SLP placement off the SE coast. The NAM is WAY south, near the Northern Bahamas, which is just ridiculous given the location of the jet. And the GFS, while better, still seems too far west, and to a greater extent, too far south with its placement. Given the location of the front entrance region of the jet, I'd expect cyclogenesis to occur close to the South Carolina coast. This obviously has huge implications on the track, and therefore it's something I'll be keeping a close eye on in future runs.

Obscure German / French conflict...you had to have been there to get the flavor of it.

Oh I've heard of it; had a history professor that was a big fan of Frederick the Great who was the King in Prussia. He kinda set a bad tone for modern Germany. Don't know if he was King during this war but he militarized Prussia.

Archived