Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

We're definitely having this storm, all you naysayers are wrong. As it phases, explodes, and goes negative it will hook west back to the coast, I can see it now. 

<Prescribes 50mg Thorazine>

You'd have to be either stupid or have no sense to think anything is definite 72 plus hours out in meteorology. It's past your bedtime isn't it?

I think you're getting a little to defensive here for no reason man. All the guidance is pointing towards a miss with no real reason to see this coming much further west. While is certainly not definite that it will miss... The attitude you are taking towards those expressing concern over EVERY model pointing towards a miss is a little heavy bro.

This one has been over for a couple days..  The models (outside the GGEM) never really showed a major storm effecting the area. It has always been pretty much a swing and a miss .. The flow is just to progressive to allow this to turn the corner and the ridge gets beaten down to quickly...

Guest Pamela

Why are you here Mr 420? If you're telling people to relax it's just weather then you obviously have no business being here.

My hands are tied by Ankara...I must sentence you, Colette11, to a term no less than 30 years.  Gecmis olsun.

Major shift east on the GFS and GEM, the southern storm forms too Far East pulling the whole complex east.

Exactly what I've been flagging all along as the major problem with this. The southern stream is too progressive, it drags the baroclinic zone east and the storm too far east before it can phase and make for a storm in time for us.

I had a feeling 0z tonight would be the run adjusting one way or the other and so far 3 for 3 it is well SE (counting the globals, not the out to lunch NAM). If the Euro makes it 4 for 4 I'm calling it as done besides maybe a light graze. We had the same song and dance with the last storm that universally shifted south and that was it. Suppression is definitely ruling this month.

Exactly what I've been flagging all along as the major problem with this. The southern stream is too progressive, it drags the baroclinic zone east and the storm too far east before it can phase and make for a storm in time for us.

I had a feeling 0z tonight would be the run adjusting one way or the other and so far 3 for 3 it is well SE (counting the globals, not the out to lunch NAM). If the Euro makes it 4 for 4 I'm calling it as done besides maybe a light graze. We had the same song and dance with the last storm that universally shifted south and that was it. Suppression is definitely ruling this month.

Amazing for the month of March. This is still a tricky setup and some better timing and even a little more amplification could help so I wouldn't turn off from this threat completely yet though. The ridge out west is really not aiding in any manner however.

Guest Pamela

I've been a very long time reader of the board. I learn so much from everyone here. I was a member of Eastern too.

Welcome...I think you are the first woman to make a post in this forum since about 1957.

Archived