SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partially based on gut feeling, and partially on what models have done in the past.....there will either be a substantial jump west or a substantial jump east. Kinda like gambling on someone else's money ;) it's all part of the fun. (I feel like if this was a mulen post, there should be a symbolic, semi-pervy saying here with the words Mother Nature thrown in, followed by "enjoy the storm folks"). Mulen where are you?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partially based on gut feeling, and partially on what models have done in the past.....there will either be a substantial jump west or a substantial jump east. Kinda like gambling on someone else's money ;) it's all part of the fun. (I feel like if this was a mulen post, there should be a symbolic, semi-pervy saying here with the words Mother Nature thrown in, followed by "enjoy the storm folks"). Mulen where are you?!

Sent from my iPhone

What we need are more post just like this to help clear things up for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone

I agree, I've said this starting yesterday, due to the significant model agreement at such a relative far out range and some of the lesser talented models largely agreeing with the big dogs I'm inclined to believe some sort of decent shift is still going to occur and its likely to be 00Z or 12Z tonight or tomorrow once we get all the players onto the CONUS...I think its going to be a big wide right or a shift inside the BM.

Sent from my iPhone

you would also need to lose the punctuation mulen rocks see ya

I agree, I've said this starting yesterday, due to the significant model agreement at such a relative far out range and some of the lesser talented models largely agreeing with the big dogs I'm inclined to believe some sort of decent shift is still going to occur and its likely to be 00Z or 12Z tonight or tomorrow once we get all the players onto the CONUS...I think its going to be a big wide right or a shift inside the BM.

I usually pay close attention to what you have to say, you've had a great winter. But I'm not sure I really get the logic. I am inclined to believe that if you look at it statistically, solutions which have better model agreement at days 5-4-3 will verify better. But I also don't have anything factual to back that up.

People on this board are always talking about the "Boxing Day Blizzard"  It was poorly forecasted storm in the mid range forecasts.  The majority of the models only came into alignment within 48 hours of the storm.  Here is a good read that explains a lot about that storm.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/winter_storm_summaries/event_reviews/2010/December25_27_2010_Blizzard.pdf

Not surprisingly the GEFS members which show hits here have the surface low inland near OBX initially. That's the game changer as it indicates a more amplified/phased solution in the mid levels.

Hope this server can handle the traffic about to bombard this place in about 20 minutes or so john. The 12Z GEFS this far out is pretty good taking into account its typical bias at this range. More than likely in the end this is a storm where the EURO will be having the upper hand, think if this hugs the SE coast on the EURO it will not be punted OTS like the GFS shows

Hope this server can handle the traffic about to bombard this place in about 20 minutes or so john. The 12Z GEFS this far out is pretty good taking into account its typical bias at this range. More than likely in the end this is a storm where the EURO will be having the upper hand, think if this hugs the SE coast on the EURO it will not be punted OTS like the GFS shows

I will be shocked if the Euro does anything wildly different than what we've already seen today. It's going to take new data/observations and all of the major players in dense OBS areas for the big changes to happen, if they are going to happen. Just my opinion.

Archived