joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why people pay money for the sites, instantweathermaps has all the stuff you need, and is just as fast as I get info before people with paid sites on occasion.

Agree. For the gfs and nam, instantweathermaps is sometimes faster then SV or Wxbell and other times is on par with them.

Interesting thought about a capture pull westward scenario, certainly would need it to go negative a lot faster for that to happen.

This is the type of setup where you really need the NAO and blocking to make it work, it would certainly give you plenty more room to work with. This all really depends on the PNA and how much the energy digs out west, so it's all or nothing once more with no safety net.

I dont see why everyone is so surprised with a ggem run like this .. wouldnt be the least bit shocked to see euro show it even further west... this is usually how the models set up this far out. Watch the gfs to become eastern outlier in a day or two.

Odds are good with this storm I think. The phasing is going to happen. Watch! This will turn out into perfect phase where once the phase happens the storm will start going west a little bit before it goes out to sea. At least instead of going northeast it may go north at one point as it's rapidly strengthening. Remember once the phase happens the precipitation field will almost double instantly! At first you'll have light snow but as the storm picks up speed it should develop heavy heavy snow for all areas, especially for the coastal areas.

This is really close and I like where we are at, I like seeing euro and GFS consistently showing a big storm, let's keep this trend going of a big storm then Get it to trend west

I did a lot of statistical research and methodology in grad school and here's the thing I like: generally speaking, the last three or four systems that went OTS were touted early as gold. Statistically, every whiff, although a discreet event, increases the odds that sooner or  later things will gravitate back towards the mean. It happens every week in the NFL. Al Michaels might say "The Seahawks have gone 27 consecutive games without giving up a special teams touchdown." And what happens next: a guy returns a punt for a touchdown. The fact that posters have been so bullish the past several storms and crashed, I think, is cause for optimism.

"IF" This storm does end up taking a BM track watch out. This thing has the potential to be a true powerhouse blizzard and crippling as well. This is still 6 days out but they're are signs this thing may not be escaping to our east or south this time. Biggest difference here is this time the EURO/GFS and GGEM all like this potential. Feeling cautiously optomistic about this one

Archived