SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least they closed the schools . The announcement was made a day before the storm lol

probably the last time that will happen.  People have certainly learned lessons from that.  The state of CT was shutdown, no trucks on highways etc and the verification for the day was drizzle and 33.  (we got the goods that night)

Please, enough with the comparisons, let just talk about this storm and what potential it has, I couldn't care less about analogs and I am tired of pages of banter about it. The atmosphere is so fluid that another storm could be the #1 analog and be "almost" exactly the same and if the high pressure is 1 mb stronger in Alaska, the outcome is different, come on people. Lets talk about what we see, not what we saw. 

Please, enough with the comparisons, let just talk about this storm and what potential it has, I couldn't care less about analogs and I am tired of pages of banter about it. The atmosphere is so fluid that another storm could be the #1 analog and be "almost" exactly the same and if the high pressure is 1 mb stronger in Alaska, the outcome is different, come on people. Lets talk about what we see, not what we saw.

Dont know where you've been but analogs and the right ones are very useful when predicting storms. Yes we are reminiscing about a terrible shafting from 01' but we're in between model runs and we can only analyze so much from one run my friend

Dont know where you've been but analogs and the right ones are very useful when predicting storms. Yes we are reminiscing about a terrible shafting from 01' but we're in between model runs and we can only analyze so much from one run my friend

I understand but keep it to a reasonable level, page after page is a bit too much. I am a meteorologist so i completely understand the purpose and usefulness of analogs, reminiscing is ok, but should be limited to the banter thread.  

Just fair warning any solution whether OTS or 968 to the BM should be taken with a grain of salt before any on shore sampling happens. Thst you will get sat .

All of what you see be it at the surface or aloft is just a partial equation being solved.

Everyone here wants the same thing or you wouldn't be here but at this range there's nothing to really take away from any one run .

Buyer beware.

Just fair warning any solution whether OTS or 968 to the BM should be taken with a grain of salt before any on shore sampling happens. Thst you will get sat .

All of what you see be it at the surface or aloft is just a partial equation being solved.

Everyone here wants the same thing or you wouldn't be here but at this range there's nothing to really take away from any one run .

Buyer beware.

Totally agree. Its exciting to see these solutions but im not going to get into this storm totally until 00z saturday when the bulk of the sampling should be done

I guess I am the only one that doesn't understand this. Much appreciate it if you could clarify the part about "no mechanism to force it". Force what?

Force a phase. Blocking would help. Otherwise we are relying on perfect timing of the s/w's to phase.

Archived