SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 25-26 storm potential

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be mildly concerned if the ECMWF makes a drastic tick in the wrong direction.

I would be shocked if it trended east more so on its ensemble mean and individuals. Once the OP and ensembles start to lock step east than its a biblical weenie suicide in here. Tommorow IMO will be the moments of truth, sampling from most players should be accounted for by 0z. Regardless where this storm goes i am riding the ECMWF like i stole it till this storm hits us or gives us the finger as it goes OTS

All mid-latitude cyclones are tilted vertically... toggling between height levels this one seems about standard as progged, at least from what I've studied in the past.

Yes I realize that, and when they become vertically stacked they fill and weaken, just thinking that a more stacked system like what the Euro shows makes more sense.

I mean, you can't really get any better than this for 5 days out on progs.....

attachicon.gifGZ_D5_PN_120_0000.gif

attachicon.gifCMC.gif

attachicon.gifUK.gif

Nice comparison....unfortunately looks like with such a wound-up storm the precipitation shield is tight. Another 100 miles in 3-4 days is not out of the question once new data gets on shore. 

Nice comparison....unfortunately looks like with such a wound-up storm the precipitation shield is tight. Another 100 miles in 3-4 days is not out of the question once new data gets on shore. 

Right, exactly.....if the Euro decides to go in another direction, then we should probably concerned (I'm talking about a major shift east, south, etc.) Otherwise, if it comes into the same slot as these 3, then we are good......

Those of us more seasoned posters and weather enthusiasts know that we go through this sort of thing with nearly every coastal storm. I've seen us recover from far worse.

In fact this makes the ride more exciting, the roller coaster is part of the deal. Slightly darker moments in the process make the payoff that much sweeter. I remember going nuts 96 hours b4 PD II & so here we are again & so we wait patiently for an important Euro run ( not life or death but important)

Bottom line is that it's highly unlikely the storm ends up as shown by the models at 120 hrs. I think a phase is highly probable at this point and we start seeing ticks west over the next few days. Phased systems are the ones that have that famous N&W shift. Still that doesn't mean we end up in the jackpot. It could very well be coastal areas and LI, eastern NE.

It's our last threat for at least 8 months so I'll enjoy every moment of it.

There will be a sharp gradient somewhere but with a closed off 500 and 700mb low, the precip will be able to get a fair amount west of the low.

There will be a sharp gradient somewhere but with a closed off 500 and 700mb low, the precip will be able to get a fair amount west of the low.

Would be really nice to get at least the 700mb low right over the coast, that would throw back precip well into PA and with these dynamics precip type issues should be minimal.

Archived