Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Season Finale :(

Ji

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been working all day and trying to catch up on things. I'm still pretty disinterested and kinda blah, but it looks sorta interesting. Ian is right though with the NAM's hinky Norlun look...that sh*t rarely happens here.

Yea, no way we get .50+. Unless there is an embedded thunderstorm. Lol

Euro shows the same stripe as other guidance. Nam will prob be more clear with the 0z run.

Overall consensus for SnowTV at the very least. Would be nice to see some good rates even if it doesn't amount to much on the ground. I'm a junkie and we're getting awful close to curtain call on an awesome season

And who woudda thunk we are saner than the NYC forum?

we've got the best subforum on the board probably.  new england has a lot of mets but they also have a lot of weenies.

Nam sobered up from dropping molly 6 hours ago. Stripe is there but west now. Where she goes...nobody knows.

It's funny how it predictably falls in line with the globals as we close yet people still hope it's going to score a coup from range.  It may still not quite be there yet though it looks a lot closer now. Hard to say how exactly the band sets up but hard not to favor elevation north and west for best odds of something. This run is like a dusting IMBY or so which seems plausible unless we get stuff in early and/or thump hard.

It's funny how it predictably falls in line with the globals as we close yet people still hope it's going to score a coup from range. It may still not quite be there yet though it looks a lot closer now. Hard to say how exactly the band sets up but hard not to favor elevation north and west for best odds of something. This run is like a dusting IMBY or so which seems plausible unless we get stuff in early and/or thump hard.

The nam is as good as the rgem but unfortunately it runs twice as long as it should. Gives it a bad reputation imo. I like the model a lot but it took me years to use it properly. Now we are on the fine tuning stage of our little event and the nam is making sense.

I'm not sure I buy the lee side of the br/catoctin solution that the nam spit ou. Could be right but I would wag the favored spot to be somewhere around 25 miles West of 95 to the bay. Just a hunch.

Eta: I think the precip max will favor my wag location but totally agree that w-n stands the best shot at stickage if there is any. Maybe things end up more dynamic but making that call now isnt easy at all

The simulated radar reflectivity from the NAM nest has a convective look at 00/03z Tuesday night to our south (with accompanying maxima in QPF) and then north and northeast of here at 06/09z.    While the general locations of these features in this run are not very favorable for DC/Baltimore, I'm encouraged to at least see the signal close enough that slight shifts with later runs could move them closer to home.

.2-.3 on the gfs. In line with other guidance with similar location. Dc looks good for qpf. Maybe something accidentally sticks

Eta: just realized the gfs pushes 0c 850s into n FL. That's prob not too common in late march. I don't pay much attention to that stuff though

It takes all of 36 hours to get the 0c line back from Florida to north of the MD line.   Cold snaps in March rarely last.

GFS has been very steady, as has the Euro. Seems fairly clear cut at this pt. Hope for a dusting by sunrise and then pray for rates-- at least IMBY.

If u Would of told me a week ago we were getting more QPF than Boston.....

Going to be quite cold tonight, Monday, Monday night so ground will have lost the near 70's effect from Saturday. Get moderate snow by 6/7am and it will accumulate but think after 10am it will be tough unless 1+" already down.

it doesnt have to accumulate to enjoy!! It seems that most on here need for that to happen to enjoy a snowfall. 

it doesnt have to accumulate to enjoy!! It seems that most on here need for that to happen to enjoy a snowfall. 

Unless its between May 1 and September 30, I agree with "most on here".  Snow that melts as it falls is not at all interesting to me.  If it doesn't stick, it might as well be rain.  That's why some here have nicknamed it "white rain".

Unless its between May 1 and September 30, I agree with "most on here".  Snow that melts as it falls is not at all interesting to me.  If it doesn't stick, it might as well be rain.  That's why some here have nicknamed it "white rain".

yes I know, but I enjoy a snowfall even if it doesnt accumulate. I guess I,m a lot older than most on here, hence my expectations are lower.You mentally change as you get older!!

yes I know, but I enjoy a snowfall even if it doesnt accumulate. I guess I,m a lot older than most on here, hence my expectations are lower.You mentally change as you get older!!

I actually agree with that.  While still don't enjoy snow that doesn't stick, I am far more accepting of a sub-par snow season than I once was.  Snowfall here has been among the 10 least snowy on record so far, to date, and I'm "meh, oh well" about it.

I actually agree with that.  While still don't enjoy snow that doesn't stick, I am far more accepting of a sub-par snow season than I once was.  Snowfall here has been among the 10 least snowy on record so far, to date, and I'm "meh, oh well" about it.

you must be older than the majority here too. Its all okay, I,ve experience some might snowfalls, its been great but not every season delivers. They get frustrated I just go and move on. But each person is different!!

Beautiful morning in Dale City! Refreshingly bracing cool day. 22 degrees with a nice pleasant northerly breeze bringing invigorating wind chills to 3 degrees above zero. The dewpoint is a delightful 4 degrees.

This is spectacularly excellent weather for a relaxing, leisurely jebwalk. Get out and enjoy this, because southeasterly winds are going to change this airmass drastically come tonight. Thats one reason snow may mix with rain Tuesday

Something must of changed in the models overnight.  The folks at NOAA have change the point and click to this overnight:

Tuesday Snow, mainly after 8am. High near 38. East wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday Night Snow likely before 2am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 27. East wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible

Archived