• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
nj2va

St. Paddy's Day Storm Obs

That area has done well with some recent events. Normally they dont jackpot though..typically its further NW where I am ;)

Yep- that's about right. Just having a shot of snow this late in the season is awesome

Some flurries starting here now. Much earlier than I expected. 36/17. I have also been upgraded to a warning for 4-8. Good luck everyone. Hoping tomorrow I break 60 inches for the season. Been a great winter. lets go out with a bang.

Hmmm. Maybe it makes it here soon.

Light wet snow.  Temp has gone from 42 at 1 pm to 36.  

Snow has got heavier as I typed this.   

Dew point down to 13. Is this good or bad lol?

Sorry for the question...

You can view it both ways.  It allows for more evaporative cooling, so if you are worried about temps, you'd want the dew point lower. Obviously, you don't want super dry air, but that's not really a problem with this event.

Temp still hanging around 44.  Barely budged since noon.

Every kind of precip happening at around 40 degrees here in LYH right now (mostly light rain though). Based on the radar I think we're going to end up on the low end of the forecasts, but it looks like it's going to be pretty good up north!

You can view it both ways.  It allows for more evaporative cooling, so if you are worried about temps, you'd want the dew point lower. Obviously, you don't want super dry air, but that's not really a problem with this event.

Thanks for the explanation. Good to know even though it won't make a difference up here.

very light snow here in urbana -- temp has fallen 1.9 in the last 10 minutes down to 39/21

Thanks!

39.9/11 now.