Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/18-3/19 Icy Event

JoshM

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some ice on the trees. Some small branches were leaning over but nothing snapping. The bridge on US1 over 98 was closed on the way into work. Looks like a car slid off the road earlier. The other side of the bridge was open. I didn't see any problems on Capital. I know there are wrecks out there, but I think it's folks that just can't drive. They would probably wreck if it just rained.

No school. Oh joy. Lets all sit around and watch ice melt.

Beggars cant be choosers I know, but I much prefer one or two big dogs with 72 and sunny in between. Lol!

You might get your wish this time next week.

Y'all know what I want. Either warm and sunny or a big snow. The last few events have just been more annoying than anything here.

Just got back from taking my wife to work.  Roads are clearing fast. I85 has two clear lanes and an ice covered left lane in both directions. That should be clearing up in the next couple of hours.  My trees, what's left of them, are bent over but nothing has come down.  Best part, no power outage here.

It's warmed up a degree, and the thin glaze in the treetops is melting. Every time a gust of wind comes through, it sounds like a heavy sleet storm -- but just in the wooded areas. It's been interesting, watching the sparkle on the tall pines melt from the ground level up as the air warms. I'm guessing the very tops of the trees had a thicker coating of ice.

• 10 months later...

Is there a reason RAH has never made a map for this storm on their "past events" page?  It's much more major than some of the pathetic "events" they have on there.  My understanding is that they put every wintry event since 2000 on there, but then this one continues to be missing...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/events/

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a reason RAH has never made a map for this storm on their "past events" page?  It's much more major than some of the pathetic "events" they have on there.  My understanding is that they put every wintry event since 2000 on there, but then this one continues to be missing...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/events/

Bug them on Facebook.

Archived