SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/18-3/19 Icy Event

JoshM

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what they said but they can't. They waited too long. Its more like 1 hour early.

Depends on the individual school.  Some have regular dismissal later than others.  My daughter's school was actually an hour and half early.  My son's was a full two hours early.

Regardless, with the two-hour delay and two-hour early dismissal, this school day was a lost cause.

Yeah, nothing outside my window.

My work is at the intersection of US1(Capital) & US401, and we've been getting sleet/snow for the last 20 minutes. Looks the the primary band is staying north along the Wake County boarder, but looking at the radar there is some development to the south of Greensboro that may put the downtown Raleigh areas in some heavier rates in an hour or so.  

Looks like another stream of moisture is forming along I-85 from Charlotte to the Triad.  This might keep the temperatures from rising above freezing. I'm not sure how much precip we will get overnight.  Doesn't look to be too much, but the temps will hover just below freezing.  Probably some school delays in the morning too?

My work is at the intersection of US1(Capital) & US401, and we've been getting sleet/snow for the last 20 minutes. Looks the the primary band is staying north along the Wake County boarder, but looking at the radar there is some development to the south of Greensboro that may put the downtown Raleigh areas in some heavier rates in an hour or so.  

Everything aside from a light drizzle has ended in Raleigh near the Fairgrounds.

Archived