joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12-13 Winter Storm Observations Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

distressing to say the least.  I thought 3-5 by dark before the mixing, but wake up to light rain and 32.4.  No snow today?  Maybe a few inches overnight into tomorrow.  Oh well, even Brian's reasonably conservative view from yesterday was too optimistic.

Skip Guilford and head north, or hope for enough powder tomorrow to cover the ice.

Geez that is not how I hoped this would start for you. I'm heading to Gilford tomorrow afternoon. Hope GS has some elevation magic. Good luck

unfortunately for Gunstock this won't really be elevation dependent. They should get a nasty cold sleet later this evening when the llvl cold works in though.

unfortunately for Gunstock this won't really be elevation dependent. They should get a nasty cold sleet later this evening when the llvl cold works in though.

I had a hunch.

Racing at GS so no choice in venue. If my racer did not have a DNF might be visiting PF for the easterns.

Here is a quick profile view for the region....

post-520-0-69149800-1394625680_thumb.jpg

low is already stornger at this time then both the 6z gfs and nam had it!! This is going to be a beast

nra.png

Light Rain

58°F

14°C

• Humidity93%
  • Wind SpeedSW 13 mph
  • Barometer29.25 in (989.8 mb)
  • Dewpoint56°F (13°C)
  • Visibility7.00 mi

Last Update on 12 Mar 7:52 am EDT

Current conditions at

Covington / Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky (KCVG)

Lat: 39.05°N Lon: 84.67°W Elev: 886ft.

distressing to say the least. I thought 3-5 by dark before the mixing, but wake up to light rain and 32.4. No snow today? Maybe a few inches overnight into tomorrow. Oh well, even Brian's reasonably conservative view from yesterday was too optimistic.

Skip Guilford and head north, or hope for enough powder tomorrow to cover the ice.

i actually didn't expect much snow today. Just some glop.

i actually didn't expect much snow today. Just some glop.

Forecast soundings don't really have much of a warm nose until this afternoon. So I wonder if this is just a result of some residual above freezing level aloft? Maybe a flip back to snow as stronger lift arrives, followed by a quick transition back to mixed.

Archived