Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

Powerball screw zone.

Seems legit.

how much do you think you got? This is among the hardest to measure this winter. I figured downriver was more than due to miss out on the jackpot sooner or later, and 6.8" is nothing to sneeze at, but then I see Riverview and brownstown, which border me and usually come close to me when they report in, both had 8.0".

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how much do you think you got? This is among the hardest to measure this winter. I figured downriver was more than due to miss out on the jackpot sooner or later, and 6.8" is nothing to sneeze at, but then I see Riverview and brownstown, which border me and usually come close to me when they report in, both had 8.0".

I know I am pretty close to Powerball in location and I called in 5.5"

That map is actually pretty accurate for MBY. A little over 5" I would estimate.

I had a fair amount of sleet before transitioning to snow (a good coating's worth). Apparently, I was one of the few locations that saw this based on the other observations.

That map is actually pretty accurate for MBY. A little over 5" I would estimate.

I had a fair amount of sleet before transitioning to snow (a good coating's worth). Apparently, I was one of the few locations that saw this based on the other observations.

I had some sleet as well initially.

Great storm.

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT BUFFALO NY...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 13.8 INCHES WAS SET AT BUFFALO NY YESTERDAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 7.3 SET IN 1959.

THIS DAILY SNOWFALL IS THE 6TH GREATEST ON RECORD FOR THE MONTH OF
MARCH. IT IS ALSO THE 4TH GREATEST DAILY SNOWFALL FOR THIS LATE IN
THE WINTER SEASON.

Great storm.

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT BUFFALO NY...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 13.8 INCHES WAS SET AT BUFFALO NY YESTERDAY.

THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 7.3 SET IN 1959.

THIS DAILY SNOWFALL IS THE 6TH GREATEST ON RECORD FOR THE MONTH OF

MARCH. IT IS ALSO THE 4TH GREATEST DAILY SNOWFALL FOR THIS LATE IN

THE WINTER SEASON.

From the PNS looks like Niagara County took the worst of the storm. I saw some 1.5 feet totals.

From the PNS looks like Niagara County took the worst of the storm. I saw some 1.5 feet totals.

Yeah, Niagara to Rochester to Oswego county was predicted to have the most and they did 16-20 inches across those regions. Lake enhancement helped those close to the Lakeshore tremendously.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=buf&product=PNS&issuedby=BUF&format=ci&version=1

My storm total of 6.8" snow had 0.72" liquid, but that does include the rain the night before (which I estimate at 0.13") so the higher model qpfs did more or less verify, other than the extreme 1"+ NAM solutions. Took some pics with my new camera yesterday. Ive actually had it since Christmas but have been afraid to take it outside into the elements as I didnt have a case. It has a great zoom so it could have made for some interesting shots this winter, but at least I got some good ones with the old camera lol. I was very busy yesterday so literally no time to take any shots other than front and backyard areas.

Calling depth 11" right now which is complete with spots as low as 5" and drifts back over 20" in the backyard now :lol:

3988-800.jpg

3989-800.jpg

3990-800.jpg

3991-800.jpg

3992-800.jpg

3993-800.jpg

3994-800.jpg

3995-800.jpg

3996-800.jpg

Archived