SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11-12th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWA almost met blizzard criteria.  Most of the hourly obs/SPECI obs between 7-9 AM had gusts AOA 35 mph and visibility of 1/4 mile.  If only it would've lasted longer.

TOL has been close too. At 1/4SM since 7:52AM, but I don't think the winds were strong enough. TDZ is the same story- had the visibility requirements, but the winds were just a little short (although they reported a 43.7mph gust a few minutes ago)

Huge dendrites, SN+ 

Up to 7.75" which means we're at about 1.5"/hr with this band. 

Up to 8.5" at Fort Wayne IN.  I also heard from my parents who say they heard thunder in Perrysburg. I am seeing a local storm report of 6.0" at Fulton County OH (near Toledo.)

One last little weenie band moving through, and that'll do it. Calling a storm total of 3.5" here. Up to 73.1" for the season. Amazing. 

I had 3.4" before I headed into town a couple hours ago. Probably up to 3.6" or so for a total.

North facing stoplights are all plastered with snow. There are apparently some ding dongs who think it's appropriate to blast through a light even though you can't tell what color it is.

TOL has been close too. At 1/4SM since 7:52AM, but I don't think the winds were strong enough. TDZ is the same story- had the visibility requirements, but the winds were just a little short (although they reported a 43.7mph gust a few minutes ago)

For all intents and purposes it can be called a blizzard

Sounds about right. Im going with 9.0" here lost measurement after it hit 7.4" at 11:30am.

Just awesome out ... it has gotten hard to measure.  I was not expecting to still be snowing after 1PM that for sure.  I did my measurement around 12:30-1PM as I went do the driveway.

I am now getting a few ground blizzards gust 35+ and I am just starting to see some blue in the sky.

Got some monster drifts too!!

Just awesome out ... it has gotten hard to measure. I was not expecting to still be snowing after 1PM that for sure. I did my measurement around 12:30-1PM as I went do the driveway.

I am now getting a few ground blizzards gust 35+ and I am just starting to see some blue in the sky.

Got some monster drifts too!!

Insane drifting i got spots on my yard i can see grass.

That last band (LES??) has move just to the east.   Still -sn but nothing that will accumulate any more.

Gonna go with another 1" since 1PM (possibly more but since I am not keeping official data it don't matter to me).  Storm total 11".  I would not be surprised is some areas just to my north & west got a good foot out of this (they were under the heavier band this morning a bit longer than I was and this last band a bit longer too).

Can't believe my season total is currently 106" ... I feel like I moved to SW MI.

NWOH seems to be the only place that can win these days. I measured around 9-9.5" on my driveway which may be slightly lower than what actually fell. Either way, the several hour long period of very heavy snow made this a great storm here. We'll see what TOL comes in with, but most local reports are between 5-10" 

Archived