Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some day...There is chair at Salute's for me :pimp:

I love Key West. The only downside to me are the beaches in the immediate area. Not really as nice as some of the Caribbean beaches. I heard the other Keys do have nicer beaches though. 

It would be more than what I got from the "blizzard" lol.. Besides it adds to the snowpack & season totals.

"It's all about the pack, no blizzard"  :snowing:

I love Key West. The only downside to me are the beaches in the immediate area. Not really as nice as some of the Caribbean beaches. I heard the other Keys do have nicer beaches though. 

Bahia Honda in particular has some awesome stretches of beach.

I'm not really into the whole merrymaking scene, so more than once I've found myself a little bored walking down Duval Street. There are probably hundreds of spots between Key Largo and Stock Island that are more scenic than what you'll find at the end of the road, at least IMO.

Bahia Honda in particular has some awesome stretches of beach.

I'm not really into the whole merrymaking scene, so more than once I've found myself a little bored walking down Duval Street. There are probably hundreds of spots between Key Largo and Stock Island that are more scenic than what you'll find at the end of the road, at least IMO.

Stock Island - I always hit up hogfish bar & grill.

nice mellow place for pizza and beer is Rootistica also on stock island.

No Name Bar is Pine Key is a different type of place. Conk fritters are solid here.

There seems to be this perception in the main forum that this region is bitter about not getting much snow from the last storm. I don't see that one bit. I think many of us are aware that all it takes is to look out the window between late December and mid March and realize that, by and large, there's a fairly significant difference in winter climate up here.

Bitter?? LMAO! This isn't amateur hour around here, well maybe it is, you guys know what I mean. If anyone gets bitter over snowfall they should seek help because the weather isn't their biggest problem.

"It's all about the pack, no blizzard" :snowing:

I see what you did there. I love a big storm but I would take a long term snowpack over a big storm. I know everyone has their own opinion on this but if there's going to be 60" in the season I'd take a sprinkling of 6-10" snowfalls over two 30" snowfalls.

I always wanted to tour the Keys and hit some of the good spots, just can never find enough time in our schedule. I haven't done a lot of traveling, but I have gone to several places in the Caribbean region and I can say, far and away, that my favorite spot is Placencia, Belize. A sleepy little town with a beautiful stretch of beach protected by the barrier reef. Amazing restaurants and bars where you eat with your feet in the sand. Great snorkeling and scuba diving just a short boat ride away (I believe it's the second longest barrier reef in the world). And the Maya mountains with gorgeous waterfalls and a fair amount of Mayan ruins. The town has seen an increase in development in the last few years, so I'm not sure if it's lost some of it's character, but I would go back in a heartbeat. 

I think it's time for a vacation!  :sun:

I see what you did there. I love a big storm but I would take a long term snowpack over a big storm. I know everyone has their own opinion on this but if there's going to be 60" in the season I'd take a sprinkling of 6-10" snowfalls over two 30" snowfalls.

You are not the only one brother.. I feel the same way

Looks like models are favoring areas to our South and East with the Sun night/Mon system.  Seems to be the trend for the past several years.  What does it take to get a low to track inside the benchmark with a signifcant precip shield to the NW of it?  Will see how things trend over next few days but something has to be said about the pattern we have been in for the last several years.

I agree 100%, I hate how if you say anything now in that storm thread that doesn't imply a major storm on the horizon 10 people attack you and think your being sour and biased from this past storm.. Lmao, if more people questioned the blizzard and lack of short term model support the day before and day of instead of hugging the biggest snow model we woulda had alt less let down ;)

Expectations are always the culprit.

Y'all gotta go talking about The Keys don't ya  B)  Love that "place."  Every time I go down there I find new favorite spots to hang out.  Great beaches are tough but there are a few.  Great local bars and seafood spots abound.  I'd love to figure out a way to make a decent living down there and call it home.  2 1/2 years and my kids graduate high school and then somewhere around Marathon, in the middle, is one of the target zones for us.

Man the Euro is ridiculous for the area.. Too bad I won't trust it till we are 6 hrs into the event lol..

We will all be gun shy but it's still the Euro even if it had a bad day. The lesson I think for all is not to dismiss or count on any one model.

The eyeball out the window measurement right now is a little over 2" but I need to go actually measure cause we all know the eyeball measurements are often inflated. Whatever is out there this morning sure is going to blow around quite a bit later on. Deep winter, AMOUT

We will all be gun shy but it's still the Euro even if it had a bad day. The lesson I think for all is not to dismiss or count on any one model.

The eyeball out the window measurement right now is a little over 2" but I need to go actually measure cause we all know the eyeball measurements are often inflated. Whatever is out there this morning sure is going to blow around quite a bit later on. Deep winter, AMOUT

Archived