joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March '14 Obs and General Discussion

WxUSAF

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5F.  Wonderful.  Probably the last single-digit reading of the season (but hopefully not the year).  It felt and looks like deep mid-winter.... everything white and frozen.  Remarkable for March.  I will miss this beautiful landscape when it is soon ruined by unrelenting sun, warmth, vile green growth, bugs, flowers, pollen......

Looks like some boring weather on tap for a week. I'm starting to think I've had my fill of tracking. If we pull off a climo fight d8+ it would be great but if it looks awesome and then busts horribly it would taint a pretty awesome late season run.

If the se ridge starts showing on lr guidance I think I'll root for it.

It was cold today. We're rocking some big negative departures this month already. With no major torch on the horizon, we have a good chance to have 3 below normal months in a row.

In Winchester, if March (currently nearly -17) stays under, that's 12 of the past 19 below normal months.

Also, so far since Nov 1, we've had 50 days with highs in the 30's or lower, and 36 days with lows in the teens or lower. That's impressive. I'll go in later and count the single digit lows, also impressive.

Archived