AMPLIFYING UPR TROUGH OVER THE SOUTHEAST BY FRI...BUT WITH A SFC
LOW THAT IS RATHER WEAK AND FARTHER EAST OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST
ON FRI. THE 00Z GEFS MEAN DOES SUPPORT THIS...BUT THE GLOBAL
MODELS AND EVEN THE NAM BY EARLY FRI CLUSTER MORE STRONGER TO THE
LEFT OF THE GFS AND WITH A STRONGER SFC LOW DEVELOPING. THE
NON-NCEP MODELS HAVE TRENDED THIS WAY TOO. THE BEST MODEL
CLUSTERING WOULD SUPPORT THE UKMET AND ECMWF...BUT THEY MAY BE
JUST A TAD TOO SLOW AND TOO STRONG ALOFT. WILL BLEND THE PREV 12Z
ECMWF WITH THE 00Z ECMWF TO ACCOMMODATE THE LATEST TRENDS.
CONFIDENCE REMAINS LIMITED.

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdhmd

So all we track is snow storms now? I guess we should just shut this board down in a few weeks?

With all due respect brother, and this is not meant as a dig at you, you have a tendency in your posts to come off as condescending. You do contribute to this board quite a bit, and I don't think you mean to come off as such, yet many times you do brother.

With all due respect brother, and this is not meant as a dig at you, you have a tendency in your posts to come off as condescending. You do contribute to this board quite a bit, and I don't think you mean to come off as such, yet many times you do brother.

He has a point.. this is a weather forum..not a snowstorm forum.

He has a point.. this is a weather forum..not a snowstorm forum.

I never said his points are invalid, as I said he contributes quite a bit, yet there's a way to make that point without coming off so condescending. I'm not just referring to this post, I've seen many of his posts come off this way. I just think it's a shame because he has valid points many times but the way he comes off overshadows his validity at times.

I never said his points are invalid, as I said he contributes quite a bit, yet there's a way to make that point without coming off so condescending. I'm not just referring to this post, I've seen many of his posts come off this way. I just think it's a shame because he has valid points many times but the way he comes off overshadows his validity at times.

Its not the 1st time that point has been made and yet again & AGAIN & yet again  Yanksfan comes off as highly defensive when there is no need for it. This is not bottom of the 9th , you, Yanksfan, arent Rivera against Arizona in the W.S. Its a weather forum & you need to be respectful of the professionals & the weather amateurists in here. Quite frankly  I dont come here for stress but ,rather, a healthy learning environment & discussion. So Please CUT IT OUT & thank you.

agree with all these points, yes this is a weather forum.. but truth be told, most people here are rooting for snow storms, hence the reason why the board is dead in the summer.  and lets be honest, he seems to be the only one tracking this threat....

I agree about the weather forum and now is the time of year where rain is primarily the form of precip but weather is weather.

I can't believe the averages are now getting close to 50 and temps are still so cold. Even the warmest day this week, probably Saturday could be right around or a couple degrees above normal before things get colder again. I think odds are probably 20% higher than normal for one last snow event given the pattern but with ever passing day it becomes more and more difficult.

agree with all these points, yes this is a weather forum.. but truth be told, most people here are rooting for snow storms, hence the reason why the board is dead in the summer.  and lets be honest, he seems to be the only one tracking this threat....

If you think it's time to dismiss this at day 4 then you haven't been paying much attention this year.

If you think it's time to dismiss this at day 4 then you haven't been paying much attention this year.

yanks ur totally right about dismissing a day 4 threat...truth be told im a tax accoutnant, so my life is consumed with tax returns right now... so all i ahve heard was temps near 50 by end of the week...   so i stand corrected if i was wrong

Archived