• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

Even though this cold push may seem surprising I'm looking at the EURO 2m temps for 21z and they match up nicely with the surface observations, if anything the EURO has the freezing line a little further south than the observations are indicating.

Thanks! Needed that confidence boost, starting to become a nervous wreck. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the funny things is that I bet the people up north who stayed cold today are expecting a bigger snowstorm while the folks down south who roasted are probably dismissing this thing entirely, despite what the models are saying.

I was looking at the current temps and keep thinking the low follows the contours northeast.

But then I look at a 500 map and see that rotating lobe pressing the confluence south and think maybe not.

I was looking at the current temps and keep thinking the low follows the contours northeast.

attachicon.gifcurrenttemps.gif

But then I look at a 500 map and see that rotating lobe pressing the confluence south and think maybe not.

attachicon.gifgfs_namer_021_500_vort_ht.gif

Well yeah and you also have to consider that those temp gradients are going to keep dropping south..The storm is getting shunted south no question, the question is how north does heavy precip get before it does

AA County pushing out robo calls for the upcoming event. Just received one on the home phone, ..."stay off the roads Monday - up to 14". Didn't know I was signed up for those alerts. Don't recall getting these back in 09/10 ;)

I was surprised with the call for up to 14. I received it on my home phone and cell phone. You used to have to sign up for Code Red (which I did years ago). Not sure if they send it too everyone even if you don't sign up for the program.

Archived