Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever is with the bands, we had several near zero visibility reports in Poolesville over the past 30 min.  Really odd.

yeah same here it was rather short duration (< 10 min) -- it was an interesting transition wrt to crystal type too -- probably some sort of gravity wave that was enhancing lift which makes sense if you notice the drying behind the wave -- 

In Clarksburg (less than 5 miles of the Montgomery/Frederick border) it has been snowing moderate to heavy all morning!  the radar is not doing the justice either.  I am really impressed with the rates. 

I'm about 5mi NW of clarksburg and it's mostly been light to moderate here. I wonder if your position on the SW side of the ridge is making the difference. 

The models didn't really miss... it's just people tend to focus on the ones that give them the most snow.

As for me, 3" or 4" is completely meh, about as interesting as a light rain shower. We have very few opportunities for decent snow events around here, so it's unfortunate when they don't pan out.

Not really accumulating here at the moment, a little more than 2".

Thanks for sharing

Temp is down to 12.9F here in Clarksburg.  Just passed 4.5" of snow so far.  We did have a gust to 24mph from the NNW but winds are at 8mph from the N.

You're in a good spot for this one...I'm at 3" or so...very pretty and calm here.

Very light pixie dust. Hoping for 2.1 inches. Im ready to punt this sob so damn hard. Lot of forecasts gonna bust low today. Back edge is coming fast sky us lightening up. Was that a bird I heard singinSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Jeb

We might be done up here in the next few minutes.  Lots of dry air sucking up all the moisture from HGR-FDK.  Cold ~4.5" or so.

I was just going to say there must be some serious dry air working in. We've been under returns but not a flake is falling. Probably go with 4 if we don't get anything else.

Cold smoke blowing around in Rockville . Flake size increasing . Almost heavy snow now.

19/12 Can't complain , my bar was 5". Looking at radar I think that is doable. Maybe a few more ?

Just need good rates. Ratio has to be 15-1 or better.

Maybe but as a MET said, the column isnt that great for ratios...but still getting better as we speak probably..though 15:1 could still be stretching it

Archived