SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9pm obs:13.5* Beltway fine but other major roads are frozen granular as melting ingredients not working. Also, it takes a Long time to clean off you car as under that nice fuff is about 1/2" hardpack that will not come off in these temps until you warm up the glass.

Haha! Sounds like a ski resort report. 

I had 3.2 here, could have been more, but the change from rain to snow took about 2 hours while an absolute deluge was falling from the sky between 4:30 and 6:30 this am. Had 1.20 inches in rain gauge at 7 am, and it had just switched to all snow about 15 minutes earlier. Oh well....

Zwyts are you done for the year or you want more ?

more...I love it...I am never done...I never cry uncle..in 09-10, I was crushed that 2/26 missed us....Thats why I wanna move to vermont..because I like the snow more than the chase...in VT, I'll never waste more than a minute on a 2-4"....the chase exhausts me...I enjoy forecasting...but the model sinkhole is life sucking....and then I get overtired and go on complete tilt.....I miss where there are like 30 of us in a forum..now the forums are huge and when there are big events the board doesnt work and the threads are a sh-it show....but I am addicted to models...I need to find another way to approach the chase next winter...I can't do it the same way again...staying up until 2am every night....constant posting...I had 27 weather related browser windows open last night....plus people emailing me constantly...texting constantly....facebook...it's overwhelming...I might need to start another board....

Just dipped below 0 here. Sitting at -1.8/-5  This makes 7 times this winter we've been below 0 IMBY.  Normally we are lucky to do that once a winter.

4.5" of powder today but felt like 6" of heavy wet snow when shoveling due to the layer of sleet.

Archived