joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have the same level of experience following these like you, but what level I do have...I agree with what you're saying here.  I can recall several times where we finished strong at the end.  Not sure if it's a general rule or for certain types of storms, but I've seen it happen regardless.  Immediately coming to mind (recent ones) would be Mar. 1-2; 2009, Jan. 21, 2014; and this current event.  I might even throw in that clipper in Jan. 2003, we seemed to score pretty big right at the tail end.  There are probably others, too, I'm sure.

It's definitely the cold storms/events that you guys cash in during the endgame. The arctic push south tend to enhance the bands as they slide south. In many of these cases the bands also slow down somewhat. I think you can add the 12/5/2007 clipper and 3/7/2007 clipper to the list. They were very cold clipper as well.

It's been steadily and heavily pouring small snowflakes for over an hour, but suddenly the flakes have started to grow bigger! They are fluttering down now instead of just pouring straight down. Flakes are definitely growing steadily bigger. There are even a few big fat flakes mixing in now as I type this.

15.9 degrees right now in central Prince William County.

This is so fun!

Places that have verified warning criteria based on spotter reports:

Frederick County, MD

Carroll County, MD

Baltimore County,  MD

Harford County, MD

Montgomery County, MD

Fairfax County and City, VA

Fauqier County, VA

Frederick County, VA

Loudoun County, VA

Warren County, VA

In other words, the northern and western 'burbs :lol:

Bel Air is the Westminster of Harford County lol.

Archived