Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No dobt about it. The area between RIC and Fredericksburg will see the persistently heavy banding all morning. I predict that region gets 12 inches. I will be well north of the heavy snow. I'll see pixie dust with occasional mod snow. Persistent sleet earlier will cut sharply into my totals. I will eke out 4 inches as the heavy band to my south robs peter to pay paul. Four inches isnt bad. I cant believe I got another storm in March

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Looking like Frederick, MD (21703 - Near Ballenger Creek) may actually get some decent amounts, as the radar seems to be filling in quite nice for this area...and combined with the current temperature of 24 degrees F resulting in higher ratios/instant stickage, this event is turning out to be surprisingly good!

Highways are covered per the 270/70 traffic cams ( http://www.chart.state.md.us/travinfo/trafficcams.php# )

Stay warm and safe my fellow snow lovers!  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:

?  I'm not sure what the sarcasm is about.  This is probably 0.5-1"/hr rates at the moment IMBY. 

No sarcasm.   You are in the meat of the storm.  I'm looking out my window it looks like a cold snowstorm with

the flakes being carried by north winds.  Too bad because it will be over in a few hours.

Then the problems begin with everything a sheet of ice and no ice melter to be bought in central

Maryland.

Hard to see across the street right now from my 14th floor condo in Navy Yard... snow rates are impressive.

Radar looks like DC will be on the northern fringe of the heavy rates but we will still get hit pretty good... looks like these rates we are getting now should continue for a while as the radar continues to fill in.

FYI, on top of the 1.5 inches I measured at 7am, there was a clear sheet of ice as well under the snow... probably .25 or so thick. Definitely dangerous conditions outside.

Looking like Frederick, MD (21703 - Near Ballenger Creek) may actually get some decent amounts, as the radar seems to be filling in quite nice for this area...and combined with the current temperature of 24 degrees F resulting in higher ratios/instant stickage, this event is turning out to be surprisingly good!

Highways are covered per the 270/70 traffic cams ( http://www.chart.state.md.us/travinfo/trafficcams.php# )

Stay warm and safe my fellow snow lovers!  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:

My temp has dropped 2.5 degrees since 6am. Now down to 17.5 near rt. 15 & 26

Archived