Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow, blowing snow, 24.  Closing in on an inch.

I'm not sure if LWX will pull the trigger on blizzard warnings for anyone, but pretty sure that blizzard criteria will be met somewhere near the bay.

Why? Winds of 15 MPH?

I'd say NOT even close..

Eyeballing a solid 2" in Germantown and 27 degrees

Radar looks like we just barely stay in decent snow for a while, but we are real close to the edge.  I am hoping to squeeze 4-5" out of this.

Sure is cool to see such powdery snow falling in early March -- it doesn't take much wind to start blowing it off roofs.

Radar may very well fill in, but current trajectory and short range guidance indicates DC is going to be on the northern fringe of the good stuff. Starting to look like this will be a 3-6 type of storm with the exception of those further south in VA.

Not sure I agree that here in the epicenter of DC, that 3" is part of my range....0.75" now...so perhaps 1" by 7am...9z RAP drops 0.51" after 7am....lets say it is too high and only 0.30 - 0.35" for me....that still puts me at 5" for the event...not sure it will be an 8"event, but I disagree that 3" is a sound forecast range for the city of DC...that would require me to only get 2" after 12z or around 0.15" of liquid...

Radar looks painful. Your lucky I'm not up there lol

Lol....you're doing a pretty good job where you are. I can't wait for your wife to wake up...hotel living is awful...when the only people you can talk to are on the internet...:)

Archived