Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent! And has been mentioned, the sweet time is going to be somewhere between 7 and 11 am. Hi-res shows some good returns.

remember how the models were showing a lull?...almost a 2-parter....well...this is the end of the 1st part and there wont be a lull but there may be lighter rates and crappier radar for some people...this will all fill in....I also get the sense that for the DC folks especially we may get some high ratio stuff after say 10-11am for a few hours....like maybe another 2" on 0.1" liquid. in a 3-4 hour period....thats my hope...

I think my signature only has a few lines left to add events to it before I have to condense....great winter for me. Lots of events...big small and in between...perfect blend...nice bone chilling cold...impressive warm ups even if short lived...and snow events spread throughout the season. I've jackpot...I've been fringed...I've been on the outside looking in...I've just made it in. Had some disappointments...had some surprises....all in all if I had to choose what I want my winter to look like...I'm gonna go with the winter of 2013/14 :)

I think my signature only has a few lines left to add events to it before I have to condense....great winter for me. Lots of events...big small and in between...perfect blend...nice bone chilling cold...impressive warm ups even if short lived...and snow events spread throughout the season. I've jackpot...I've been fringed...I've been on the outside looking in...I've just made it in. Had some disappointments...had some surprises....all in all if I had to choose what I want my winter to look like...I'm gonna go with the winter of 2013/14 :)

Should surpass 50" for the second time 5 yrs, 3rd time in 12. 

Good blend of events. Great winter. 

I don't count winters prior to 1970 because I don't recall them distinctly, but starting from there this is a top 10 winter. I'm not referring to snow amts so much as the overall experience of the winter.

Look what the cat dragged in.. :)

NIce seeing you, Sir

How you been?

Nothing like a good winter to stir me back to life here.

Looks like some really nice radar returns are developing to DC's SW... not sure if it will move to our south or clip the city, but they are showing up as yellows/oranges on radar and looks to be expanding a bit.

Navy Yard is down to 26 degrees now... steady, light snow is falling.

When u talk like that ...it sounds like your getting fringed

Which you are:(. Euro disaster for jyo :)

I just had a spreader truck come down the street.

Arlington must be desperate to restart school sometime this week.

Coming back up, it stopped for a moment just below me, so I could see snowflakes falling.

Edit: And now plowing the center of the street!

Looks like some really nice radar returns are developing to DC's SW... not sure if it will move to our south or clip the city, but they are showing up as yellows/oranges on radar and looks to be expanding a bit.

Navy Yard is down to 26 degrees now... steady, light snow is falling.

I'm getting the sense that here in DC we don't really ever lull.....also becoming interesting what happens after say 11am...we could be in for a high ratio treat between 11am-2pm....I dont know about the N MD crew....I am not "rooting" against anyone...I am trying to be objective about what might happen later after the big push

I'm getting the sense that here in DC we don't really ever lull.....also becoming interesting what happens after say 11am...we could be in for a high ratio treat between 11am-2pm....I dont know about the N MD crew....I am not "rooting" against anyone...I am trying to be objective about what might happen later after the big push

Fingers crossed.

I for one appreciate all that you do to keep some of us updated. Definitely agree about not going into a lull... looks like DC is in a spot for steady, light snow at least... and if we can get hit by some of this moderate/heavy stuff to the SW, then that will just make the later snow even better later this AM.

Should surpass 50" for the second time 5 yrs, 3rd time in 12. 

Good blend of events. Great winter. 

I don't count winters prior to 1970 because I don't recall them distinctly, but starting from there this is a top 10 winter. I'm not referring to snow amts so much as the overall experience of the winter.

How you been?

Nothing like a good winter to stir me back to life here.

I hear ya, been a colder winter down here but not really that snowy outside Feb 12-13. I know you've crushed it up there. 

Fingers crossed.

I for one appreciate all that you do to keep some of us updated. Definitely agree about not going into a lull... looks like DC is in a spot for steady, light snow at least... and if we can get hit by some of this moderate/heavy stuff to the SW, then that will just make the later snow even better later this AM.

we are in a good spot :)

Archived