Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol hrrr thinks i'll have 3" at 2a :(

That's what will make the difference of a 6-7" event from one with more 8-10" amounts: how much are we going to accumulate by 12Z.  It seems like all models but the NAM show a slightly drier trend from 12Z and beyond over the past few runs...at least for DC and northward.  I could live with another .33-.40" liquid after 12Z if we had, say, already 4" of snow on the ground :)

That's what will make the difference of a 6-7" event from one with more 8-10" amounts: how much are we going to accumulate by 12Z.  It seems like all models but the NAM show a slightly drier trend from 12Z and beyond...at least for DC and northward.  I could live with another .33-.40" liquid after 12Z if we had, say, already 4" of snow on the ground :)

I just kinda had a sinking feeling.. not because of the HRRR snowmap but because we're going to need to thump hard probably and not sure I love CONUS radar at the moment. Perhaps I've just been awake too much again.  March snow is scary.. well, all snow around here is scary.  Gonna grab some zzzzs.  I wish us all luck.

Archived