• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

I didn't see a thread to separate Mar 2-3 disco from obs, so mods will adjust this as needed.

March 1st high temps of 44 at BWI, yet only 38 IMBY a mere 20-min drive west of BWI.  I like where I sit for this temp-wise this morning.  Anticipating lower-than-forecast high temps today based on cloud cover this morning and lower-than-forecast high temps Saturday.

Temps bottomed-out here at 30.6 Saturday evening.  Now at 32.9 at 7:30, altho most of the rise in temps occurred overnite, as opposed to after sunrise today.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

43F and clouds. Hopefully clouds hang and I avoid super-torch. But being already 5 degrees warmer than Falls Church is not off to a good start.

Still think you're better off being a little warm today if you want the heavier precip tonight and tomorrow. Warmth today won't affect accumulations. I tried to move some snow along the edges of my driveway yesterday and it was so solidly frozen that I finally just gave up. The ground is very cold.

Still think you're better off being a little warm today if you want the heavier precip tonight and tomorrow. Warmth today won't affect accumulations. I tried to move some snow along the edges of my driveway yesterday and it was so solidly frozen that I finally just gave up. The ground is very cold.

It's amazing that you still have snow.  I've been completely snow free for at least 5 days now, and even the largest of plow piles in my neighborhood have been gone for several days.

Definitely would trade warmth today for heavy tomorrow.

It's amazing that you still have snow.  I've been completely snow free for at least 5 days now, and even the largest of plow piles in my neighborhood have been gone for several days.

I've had snow on the ground for a month now, still have spots of 4" or so in the shady areas. Others are completely bare.

We still have lots of snow up here in Westminster as well though mostly in the valleys and shade areas.

My front yard has N-ern exposure and is 90% covered still with a good 5-10" while rest of my house and entire neighborhood is basically snow-free now, but for my front side of house and a few clumps along curb

Was out running errands.  Saw some blue sky looking W-ward toward Clarksville but sky cover appeared to be closing back up by time I got home.  Some pretty cool wave clouds were also visible looking W-ward from Columbia.

Temp is up to 36 from 32 in past 2+ hrs.  But sun doesn't appear as tho it's gonna break thru anytime soon.  Amazing how "comfortable" 36 feels with some humidity in the air and calm winds.

Archived