joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for March 2nd-3rd 2014 winter storm

famartin

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weenie radar report sees snow has re-entered the SW corner of Pennsylvania, and furthermore precip appears to be popping up to our west and just to our SW. I see this as a positive development to offset some of the negative trends. Yes, I know it is supposed to snow after all. 32F here.

weenie radar report sees snow has re-entered the SW corner of Pennsylvania, and furthermore precip appears to be popping up to our west and just to our SW. I see this as a positive development to offset some of the negative trends. Yes, I know it is supposed to snow after all. 32F here.

I was on a vendor site, they are calling all models out of the question especially the NAM, it seems like in the last half hour or so the NAM started running north. They claim they are relying on the alone HRR. BUT since the HRR is also has some northward pull this seems like contradiction. Who knows, I think its just time to kick back and watch it live. 

I was on a vendor site, they are calling all models out of the question especially the NAM, it seems like in the last half hour or so the NAM started running north. They claim they are relying on the alone HRR. BUT since the HRR is also has some northward pull this seems like contradiction. Who knows, I think its just time to kick back and watch it live. 

I agree with your last statement!

These overrunning bands out ahead of lows always seem to setup farther N than progged, it looks like it has already. 

Its a shame there aren't any killjoys here to tell us how the PV will reenact the Feb 2010  Long Island cold blockage. Even so I think you are right Highzenberg, the radar seems to have this intuitive northward push to it, however with every optimism there is a caution.

Archived