Weathernoob335
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 3

Sickman

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Some fellow wrote....(before I was interrupted by the thread locking):

"Sorry for the OT but just wanted to know where you get this info from? Is there a map with the average snowfall for the NYC metro? If yes, can you provide a link? "

The data comes from Joseph Brumbach's The Climate of Connecticut...Mr Brumbach was the state climatologist some time ago...

Some fellow wrote....(before I was interrupted by the thread locking):

"Sorry for the OT but just wanted to know where you get this info from? Is there a map with the average snowfall for the NYC metro? If yes, can you provide a link? "

The data comes from Joseph Brumbach's The Climate of Connecticut...Mr Brumbach was the state climatologist some time ago...

Thanks. 

I still don't see how all the energy and moisture just screws us. Granted there will not be the full phase fun fest the models showed 2 days ago. I just can't see throwing the towel. I think there will be a serious winner. I originally said Phl well we shall see I'm not buying the penn screw zone. 2/5-6/10 was a spectacular fail. I just think that screw zone will be further north this time. Somone in uptons zone sees 8" IMO band woulnt be set I'm stone till the high res models get in the zone. So much moisture and energy! Massive temp difffrences due to the time of the year and lingering questions in regards to PV placement. I wouldn't bet the farm just yet

Looking at current conditions (water vapor) surface movement etc., hard to believe this all will be moved south by the supposedly strong pv.

If the models get this right, no more bad mouthing.......

Purely looking at the sat., it's tough to argue with that statement.

I have a hard time believing there will be a substantial enough north shift in the models to put the NYC metro area back into the heaviest snow, the model consensus is just to overwhelming in my opinion. With that being said, the storm is certainly something to keep an eye on and I think nowcasting will become critically important once things start to get going as any decent north shift could have significant impact results. With all this being said I still think 3-6" looks good for the NYC metro area and more as you go south obviously.

Wait. .. When was this ever a mega epic event?

And no... It's still going to snow (we think) but for cnj it's gonna be less than the initial potential.

Way too many people constantly throw out references to big storms during this storm and other storms this winter.....leads people to believe that there's a chance at everything becoming a 20" event, even though there was only ever a CHANCE of 6-12", MAX

Sent from my iPhone

At least the 00Z NAM has 12 hours of light snow falling over NYC with the moderate snow just to the south for a few hours. I'd say this is 2-4" for NYC.

and the amts keep getting lower.....2-4 is nuisance stuff. And 1-3 is ignore it and get on with life. I just hope local schools don't panic based on the previous hype and shut schools in north jersey down again for no good reason.

Wow, if the 0z nam is right, even philly has a hard time getting in on the "bigger totals"

Well, we don't want to act selfish.....but I'm sure we'd all rather miss it by hundreds of miles rather than watch a heavy snow band stay 50 miles to our south. The jackpot now looks to be around Charlottesville, VA even south of DC! Crazy that Richmond could be in the jackpot soon!

Sent from my iPhone

I still don't see how all the energy and moisture just screws us. Granted there will not be the full phase fun fest the models showed 2 days ago. I just can't see throwing the towel. I think there will be a serious winner. I originally said Phl well we shall see I'm not buying the penn screw zone. 2/5-6/10 was a spectacular fail. I just think that screw zone will be further north this time. Somone in uptons zone sees 8" IMO band woulnt be set I'm stone till the high res models get in the zone. So much moisture and energy! Massive temp difffrences due to the time of the year and lingering questions in regards to PV placement. I wouldn't bet the farm just yet

2/6/10 had tons of moisture and energy too and the PV destroyed all of it. This can definitely be a screwing if the PV is too suppressive. Dry air will always win.

Archived