• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

Trained spotter, eh? Doesn't appear to be any rotation whatsoever in central York. Reflectivity isn't all that impressive, either.

Yeah that's the same thing I said, I never so any rotation on Reflectivity def had a shelf cloud with some low hanging white clouds off the shelf cloud,  But def no funnel cloud. 

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leftover precip has flipped to snow here, that happened quick. Temps have prob dropped about 10 degrees in the last hour. 

Some snow in Bellefonte now as well, down to 29° with some pretty wicked gusts. Looks like roads dried enough that we won't have too much ice on them this evening. No doubt my car will be nicely frozen shut in the morning, though.

30 hours ago: 67 and sunny

Now: 21.4 and light snow

#MarchPAWeatherproblems

And then struggling to get to 20 for a high tomorrow before cracking 50 on Friday haha. There's even the St Patrick's day storm assuming the middle of PA doesn't continue to be a highway divider for snowstorms. 

I'll bat an eye if the Euro does the same thing...although this threat is at or inside day 5 and Canadian has been fairly decent as of late. That's one heck of a long duration event as the Canadian depicts it though, probably a bit of it being the crazy uncle. GFS and GEFS mean continue to be pretty well southeast, although that really doesn't sway me at this point either...being in the typical GFS day 3-5 positioning of such types of events. There's gonna be some kind of storm around St Patty's Day. I'll be surprised if we end up shut out for the month of March. It's not like we haven't had chances, this March has certainly shown no desire to be any kind of a March 2010 or 2012, where about the whole month featured the temps we experienced on Tuesday. 

Last evening was crazy. we had a late indoor practice. It was like 50 when i walked in, came out at 930 and it was 34 with with snow blowing sideways. I struggled to keep my Tahoe on the road. My daughter thought i was messing around......

Tad chilly this morning walking the dogs. i had 18 but felt like about 10 with wind chill. I guess people didn't pay attention to the wind Adv. and decided to put their trash out for today's pick up. The neighborhood looks like Harrisburg after the Perry Countains dropped their garbage off!

Looks like we go back to a high in the 50's Friday and Saturday before dropping again for Sunday/Monday. 60's Wednesday?

I honestly don't want any more snow...............................ok well maybe a small part of me does!

I wouldn't mind the winter ending in mid feb if it also warmed up but if its cold yet we manage to miss every snow the last month of winter I will remember this year as a major disappointment. My area is only about avg snow right now anyways.

should have stayed in Manchester, low 70s" there

PSU, I think you're going to realize that a 7 inch storm in these parts is about as good as it gets, and when you get 9 or 10 it's a major storm. For whatever reason, the dynamics over much of PA are just not conducive for the excessive totals, but if your into adding up a bunch of advisory events and having a good snow pack it's not so bad.

Archived