• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

Apps Runner.  I really have no hope for that system.  I've glanced at it a few times and pretty much never seen an interesting solution.

One of the last few GFS runs had some sort of fantasy storm around 300 hours, though, IIRC. :lol:

Screw the storm, what about the freezer door it leaves open behind it?!  :lol:  That's Early & Late January 2014 cold it's showing imby.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that ULL will produce its own cold air, the models are underestimating the cold, major to severe storm for NGA and SC, dewpoints are 10 degrees lower than forecasted, there are going to be surprises! Surprise , I'm at 3 inches of rain and the NAM precip totals were very accurate! So done with winter! :). :)

Yeah, I think ending winter with a monsoon like this and 33 is a kick in the gut.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we're in for another one next week.

Seriously though, I don't ever mind heavy rain and wind. I'd much rather it be snow, but at least heavy rain and wind is interesting. Warm, sunny days are boring.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we're in for another one next week.

Seriously though, I don't ever mind heavy rain and wind. I'd much rather it be snow, but at least heavy rain and wind is interesting. Warm, sunny days are boring.

Warm sunny days are great because you can actually go outside and enjoy it. This rain is just miserable.

Does next week look like rain again? That is going to be another kick in the gut after the sunny days near 70.

We need to consult JBURNS wisdom, but I thought if its your house its your responsibility , even if the tree was somebody else's . Kind of like if someone is hurt on your property, it's your homeowners insurance that has to pay, not theirs

I don't think so. It's like if someone hit your car, their insurance has to pay for it because they caused the damage.

We need to consult JBURNS wisdom, but I thought if its your house its your responsibility , even if the tree was somebody else's . Kind of like if someone is hurt on your property, it's your homeowners insurance that has to pay, not theirs

Mack,

I'm almost sure you're right. Otherwise, we'd have to worry about all neighbors being insured for us homeowners to be fully insured on our own home. Also, what about a flying object that comes out of nowhere? Do we have to identify from where it came and go to that person's insurance? I seriously don't think so lol.

A quick Google search returns the following article from the BBB:

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2013/06/your-neighbors-tree-is-on-your-house-who-is-responsible/

The gist is that if it's an old, dead tree, you may have some recourse, if you take the proper steps. If it's a healthy tree from your neighbor's yard that falls on your house or property, then it's your homeowners insurance policy that would cover the damages.

A quick Google search returns the following article from the BBB:

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2013/06/your-neighbors-tree-is-on-your-house-who-is-responsible/

The gist is that if it's an old, dead tree, you may have some recourse, if you take the proper steps. If it's a healthy tree from your neighbor's yard that falls on your house or property, then it's your homeowners insurance policy that would cover the damages.

Thanks, I thought I had read that somewhere. You also have the right to cut any of your neighbors tree or shrubs that hang over your property line, if you so choose.( the branches and limbs, not the whole tree)

Unless it's in a parking lot. Then it's a no-fault, each pays for their own. Here anyway.

+100! I've had two accidents in parking lots, neither were my fault ! And they are always a big hassle.! I still reccomend calling cops even though its private property. The last one, he atleast put that the other driver was at fault on our paperwork.

No one cares ncweather that you heard thunder snow!

Just kidding, congrats. That is why he is always so positive about these events because he gets everything.

:whistle:

It completely blew my expectations. I wasn't expecting no thunder snow/sleet and sure wasn't expecting the amount of ice/sleet. All signs pointed to it being to warm and fast change over to rain.

That sure didn't happen. As far as the last statement it sure does seem like it. Its amazing at the micro climate around here and 50 miles from here. 9/10 times if a storm affects the piedmont quiete abit falls here while everybody else gets screwed past durham.

had 4inches , that puts me over 21+ for the season!!! Man want a winter!!! Love living in the northwest triad!!

You're not lieing. A night and day different from last year.

12.25" prior to this storm. So if really counting the snow/sleet chunks thats about 15" for this winter with a .5" or better of ice.

I'm not ready to give up on the 13th still some wiggle room there.

this is true, know from experience.  we ask our neighbor to have a tree cut down because it was rotten and was going to fall on our house.  found out if it did fall my insurance would have to pay because its an act of nature if the tree falls even though its not my tree.  talked to the insurance company at that time and found this out but the neighbor went ahead and had the tree cut down.    :beer:

had 4inches , that puts me over 21+ for the season!!! Man want a winter!!! Love living in the northwest triad!!

yep it use to be the mtns. always or at least usually would do better with the snow and rain further east, but you guys have been doing better than us.  can't quite figure it out

Metal,

Just read an article on cnn talking about the El Niño flaring up over the summer and heading possibly into fall and winter. Gave it a 50% chance, but anyway, they said that cuts down on hurricane activity in the Atlantic ! You just can't win! 48 hr winter storm warning and nothing, and now no hurricanes to track and come on shore for you! You must not be holding your mouth right!?

Archived