joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, where folks really thinking the amount of snow, etc that the RAP and HRRR was showing was going to verify? Hell I could have told you that. They are alright with precipitation but not temps and snowfall. You guys want to see the 2-8 inches of snow it's runs were showing for SGA on 1/29/14. I surely got that much snow.

Well, this storm is going about how I expected.

LOL, yeah, heavy rain, I am pumped about Sat onwards, temps in the 60-70's!  I still think the triad get's a ton of ice, but temps aren't dropping like I thought, I thought they would drop to 29 or so.

Come on, where folks really thinking the amount of snow, etc that the RAP and HRRR was showing was going to verify? Hell I could have told you that. They are alright with precipitation but not temps and snowfall. You guys want to see the 2-8 inches of snow it's runs where showing for SGA on 1/29/14. I surely got that much snow.

Well my point forecast was 2-4" so yeah, I expected a couple inches.  What I got was an hour of light sleet and then rain.

LOL, yeah, heavy rain, I am pumped about Sat onwards, temps in the 60-70's! I still think the triad get's a ton of ice, but temps aren't dropping like I thought, I thought they would drop to 29 or so.

Yeah, I'm so ready for the warm weather. I need some outside time.

Well my point forecast was 2-4" so yeah, I expected a couple inches.  What I got was an hour of light sleet and then rain.

Rates have been ****ty so far.  Let's see if some rates can at least change us back over to at least sleet.  Looks like we just dipped below freezing over the last few minutes, at least.  We'll see.

The truth is that I never really expected any snow until RAH put 2-4" in our forecast, but I'm expecting it now.  I'll take  2" of IP, too... whatever form is okay.  When the NWS puts it in the forecast, I take note...

Check out Lookout's post.  It looks like a warm layer at 879 mb (and around it) is killing us.  850s are actually slightly below 0C.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/43064-36-37-event-is-it-this-seasons-last-gasp/page-40#entry2861530

Rates have been ****ty so far.  Let's see if some rates can at least change us back over to at least sleet.  Looks like we just dipped below freezing over the last few minutes, at least.  We'll see.

The truth is that I never really expected any snow until RAH put 2-4" in our forecast, but I'm expecting it now.  I'll take  2" of IP, too... whatever form is okay.  When the NWS puts it in the forecast, I take note...

Check out Lookout's post.  It looks like a warm layer at 879 mb (and around it) is killing us.  850s are actually slightly below 0C.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/43064-36-37-event-is-it-this-seasons-last-gasp/page-40#entry2861530

Yeah it's not THAT warm.  I think some really strong rates would certainly have a chance to push through.  I agree on the other part as well, I really didn't expect anything other than ZR until today.  Unfortunately I was expecting it this afternoon and now I'm a sad weenie.

Yeah it's not THAT warm.  I think some really strong rates would certainly have a chance to push through.  I agree on the other part as well, I really didn't expect anything other than ZR until today.  Unfortunately I was expecting it this afternoon and now I'm a sad weenie.

I'm back to all-IP with heavier rates now.  Are you changing over yet?

Who cares about THUNDERSNOW !!? I've got 35 and rain, booyah! :). :). I'm so glad I lost sleep for 8 days watching this dumpster fire unfold! :). :). :)

Hahahahaha!

Well, this storm is going about how I expected.

Yep. It seems like the cold always underperforms.

:axe::axe: :axe: :axe:

+1 Couldn't have said it better!

Rates have been ****ty so far. Let's see if some rates can at least change us back over to at least sleet. Looks like we just dipped below freezing over the last few minutes, at least. We'll see.

The truth is that I never really expected any snow until RAH put 2-4" in our forecast, but I'm expecting it now. I'll take 2" of IP, too... whatever form is okay. When the NWS puts it in the forecast, I take note...

Check out Lookout's post. It looks like a warm layer at 879 mb (and around it) is killing us. 850s are actually slightly below 0C.

I know what our problem is...we need a model that shows the 879mb layer. Why don't we have this??

Why oh why did the NAMs warm nose have to verify :axe:

The warmest modeled warm nose ALWAYS verifies. That's like a rule or something.

ugh...I'm going to bed. Maybe I should have prepared my calculus lesson for tomorrow!

That would have been more fun than watching the cold rain come down sideways, I guarantee you!

Yeah, it sucks. If it was just 2 or 3 degrees cooler throughout the column, we'd have 2 feet of snow, by the time it is all said and done. Wow.

It doesn't sting as bad since I didn't track it but this does indeed suck. A nice juicy ULL going to waste, it's a shame to see!

Anybody see the Euro snow map for next Thursday? You may want to take a peek, and start a thread! It's only 7 days out. I'm assuming it was the 12z run and it looks very cold around that time anyway!

Apps Runner.  I really have no hope for that system.  I've glanced at it a few times and pretty much never seen an interesting solution.

One of the last few GFS runs had some sort of fantasy storm around 300 hours, though, IIRC. :lol:

Archived