Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He still seems pretty bullish for Greensboro and west in NC.

Yes, typical hard-hit CAD areas.

Here is his quote from a few minutes ago (NOT just Greensboro-west hit):

"The worst part will be in Greensboro and just west of the Triangle down to middle NC, Salisbury, Hickory, Statesville to Forest City Marion areas where temps will fall into upper 20's during the night and freezing rain and sleet is falling hard."

Robert send to have backed off of his over excited tweets from last night! From major storm into SC and NGA. Now there are a lot of ifs and could be's, and maybes in his comments from this morning, but covers himself buy saying keep an eye on radar and temps!

Yes.  To me he seems to pump up these storms a bit too much...then backs off later. 

It is the eastern Piedmont. Burlington is the central Piedmont and Greensboro is the western Piedmont (as well as Charlotte). Just west of Winston-Salem is the foothills...

I think Raleigh gets a few hours of freezing rain, but not a whole lot. The western Piedmont is prime CAD location, unlike Raleigh. I've seen us be the last ones to change over (even after the foothills) in these retreating CAD situations.

Example:

accum.20030227.gif

Central NC is greensboro area.  Raleigh is only 3-4 counties away from coast.  Has to be eastern NC.

I would consider Greensboro the very western edge of Central NC while Raleigh is near the eastern edge with Durham/Chapel Hill being right in middle. Eastern NC is a lot bigger than folks in Western NC think especially if you go directly east from Raleigh. People forget it's still 2-3 hours drive from Raleigh to Atlantic.

Cold rain outside the mountains, though I doubt that's right.

LOL.  I'll be here for the Euro, though I have to run afterwards to give a presentation.

What are you presenting on? The upcoming weak, west-based Nino/west-based -NAO combo for the winter of 2014-2015, I hope!

What are you presenting on? The upcoming weak, west-based Nino/west-based -NAO combo for the winter of 2014-2015, I hope!

LOL, nope.  The evidence of building ahead of demand with land grant railroads in the American West.  Yes, I know that's what you were expecting!  :lmao:

El Nino is going to be rocking and Winter 2014-2015 is going to be rockin' for the ages, though!!!!!!!!!!!!  :snowing:  :weenie:

LOL, nope.  The evidence of building ahead of demand with land grant railroads in the American West.  Yes, I know that's what you were expecting!  :lmao:

El Nino is going to be rocking and Winter 2014-2015 is going to be rockin' for the ages, though!!!!!!!!!!!!  :snowing:  :weenie:

I really am expecting good things.  Should we start a thread? Premature?

I was betting on cause and effect of weather forum wishcasting on actual model output

Nice! I like western American railroads and trains....especially the ones carrying the gold. :)

I really am expecting good things.  Should we start a thread? Premature?

Nah, go ahead. It's par for the course these days.

I was betting on cause and effect of weather forum wishcasting on actual model output

That's a good one. How about The Epidemic of Premature Thread Starting and Decline of Weather Forum Etiquette, to go along with SnowNiner's thoughts?

Someone needs to do a study of the AmericanWx Posting Index.  Positive values seem to be coordinated with major winter storms in NC/SC/GA.

I already have that index trademarked! Posting Intensity Index . Higher values indicate a significant weather event likely or imminent. Lower values indicate summer, warm winter, SQL errors, or anytime between the hours of 3:30 - 6:00 AM.

Archived