SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhh you just wait till your driving through and all of the sudden outta now wheres Barney Fife is tailing you with his blues.  Says he'll have to take you and the misses in for questioning.  Gets you into town and long be hold WELCOME TO WAYCROSS here are your two free tickets and paddles to the Okefenokee swamp along with a 45% off coupon to Mama's Inn.  Enjoy your stay!!!  Oh the 1950's.

Long search.  But, I did find some Waycross references.  This one comes up, mostly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNMjZpSbnU

Mama's food good, sure.  Entertainment less than desired?

Edit: Never saw Andy, Barney, Aunt Bea... but, Gomer might have gotten a piece of me?

Long search.  But, I did find some Waycross references.  This one comes up, mostly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNMjZpSbnU

Mama's food good, sure.  Entertainment less than desired?

Edit: Never saw Andy, Barney, Aunt Bea... but, Gomer might have gotten a piece of me?

They filmed the movie Wrong Turn just outsida' Waycross.

Wahoo McDanial. Charlotte was epicenter to wrestling in the old days. WBT studios.

My church group used to go there every Thursday... to fill the chairs.

That was the beginning Used to collect scripts the wrestlers discarded in the parking lot

when we boarded the church bus.

Oh yea... Swede Hanson. Biggest hands I ever saw! Nicest guy you ever meet.

Diggin' up stuff here guys!

My great grandmother used to swing her purse at the heels back in the day at both 1 Julian Price place and the cole center.

My great grandmother used to swing her purse at the heels back in the day at both 1 Julian Price place and the cole center.

She probably spit tobacco in my hair... took out her teeth when I noticed,

and scared the crap out of me.  I remember that.  That was your grammy?

I hope you don't resemble her.

Julian Price... just west of "uptown" on a hill (nice view of the city from there).

Good old days.  Clyde McClean! Doug (anchor)? Last name?  Lotta guys started at WBTV.

In closing... I spent awhile looking for another Waycross ref.  Only one I could find...

...but, it was what I was seeking.  First 4 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRZ4xZz4Jkk

I better receive 2+ inches of rain from this 3 day rain event. If not, I will bet jburns again like that other time back in February.

We picked up 0.02 today. 1.98 more to go for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

If you aren't sure what I'm referring to about the betting thing, read the second post on this page.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42873-february-banter-ii/page-15

Sorry for putting the 

1wire%20nails.jpg

into the coffin on the 3/6 threat. But guess someone had to do it.

The only saving grace would be if the crazed out

Trix_Rabbit_Be_Trippin_by_MJRainwater.pn

Pulled a lucky

golden_horseshoe.jpg

out his

donkey.jpg

But we'll see. The trends have been blindsided recently but I personally sure hoped this storm would produce... but seriously doubt it.

Well I'm pretty much calling it a winter.  I'll give it a B+ for CLT. 

December was warm and terrible. 

January was cold and dry.

February was generally cold I think. 

Had one great fun storm in February and a tiny fringe event in January.  Overall pretty good.  Looking forward to next year though, hopefully we can add a nice -NAO period to the southern stream NINO and end up with an A+. 

Things I learned this year:

-Southern stream systems/split flows are really the SE's only real chance for a widespread storm.  Northern stream systems rarely produce for the Carolinas/SE. 

-Watch for the baffin island block/ridging in central canada.  It teleconnects to a Miller A generally (I didn't know that before). 

-Negative EPO can bring the cold even with terrible more popular indices. 

-Strong +PNAs usually are cold and dry for the SE without a southern stream. 

Well I'm pretty much calling it a winter.  I'll give it a B+ for CLT. 

December was warm and terrible. 

January was cold and dry.

February was generally cold I think. 

Had one great fun storm in February and a tiny fringe event in January.  Overall pretty good.  Looking forward to next year though, hopefully we can add a nice -NAO period to the southern stream NINO and end up with an A+. 

Things I learned this year:

-Southern stream systems/split flows are really the SE's only real chance for a widespread storm.  Northern stream systems rarely produce for the Carolinas/SE. 

-Watch for the baffin island block/ridging in central canada.  It teleconnects to a Miller A generally (I didn't know that before). 

-Negative EPO can bring the cold even with terrible more popular indices. 

-Strong +PNAs usually are cold and dry for the SE without a southern stream. 

Good post.  I'd agree with that.  I didn't grade out winter earlier, but I'd give it a B...in context with the type of winters we have now.  I've at least had fun with the weather this winter.

Good post.  I'd agree with that.  I didn't grade out winter earlier, but I'd give it a B...in context with the type of winters we have now.  I've at least had fun with the weather this winter.

Yeah, because I'm a loser, I actually spent some time thinking about the difference between giving the winter a B versus a B+.  But given how bad our winters have been the last 3 years, I graded on a curve and went with the B+!

Overall the pattern this winter was not that great honestly.  However everything seemed to just come together just right for our one big storm.  Without that perfectly timed scenerio, this winter would have been not so good. 

Yeah, because I'm a loser, I actually spent some time thinking about the difference between giving the winter a B versus a B+.  But given how bad our winters have been the last 3 years, I graded on a curve and went with the B+!

Overall the pattern this winter was not that great honestly.  However everything seemed to just come together just right for our one big storm.  Without that perfectly timed scenerio, this winter would have been not so good. 

That is true.  It's baffling that we have not really had one meaningful -NAO period this entire winter.  Unbelievable.

I'm all in for 3/13-3/14 ! 93 reduh! :)

LOL, I don't even know why DT said that. Well, I guess he wanted more Facebook likes. It looks like an Apps Runner to me now and even it takes a more favorable track I just don't see it working out in our areas.

Late March is gonna be rockin', though!!!... ha.

Archived