• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

I've searched high and low for a lot of the old TWC music... some of it is impossible to find. I've assembled a pretty good collection tho

The Christmas jams were the best right around the holidays! Nothing like hearing the Peanuts Christmas theme while waiting on the 7 day forecast near the end of local on the 8s, looking for that ice or snow chance!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Christmas jams were the best right around the holidays! Nothing like hearing the Peanuts Christmas theme while waiting on the 7 day forecast near the end of local on the 8s, looking for that ice or snow chance!

I have a CRT monitor with a an old PC running the Weather channel forecast emulator, I keep it running most of the time. I have a pretty big holiday collection, still searching for some, when you don't know the names of the songs or artists it doesn't bode well LOL

My knowledge of waycross is limited to the scrolling list of venues where WCW wrestling was traveling. Closest I have been is dublin, ga.

No real wrestling comes to Waycross ! Even if that's their demographic , they get all the wrestlers from 20 years ago like: dusty Rhodes , magnum T A, jimmy " boogey woogey man" valiant, and those types , at the Waycross chompin and stompin ho down barn, behind the Piggly Wiggly! :)

You had me at RUN DMC! That's what I'm talking about! Just had a 6th grade flash back! Beastie Boys- license to ill-FTW

Me too.  On the way home from school I heard:

A late night plane crash following a Feb. 2nd performance at Clear Lake, Iowa kills Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper.

No real wrestling comes to Waycross ! Even if that's their demographic , they get all the wrestlers from 20 years ago like: dusty Rhodes , magnum T A, jimmy " boogey woogey man" valiant, and those types , at the Waycross chompin and stompin ho down barn, behind the Piggly Wiggly! :)

Magnum TA was my favorite! He got hurt though and then the bionic elbow of the 'Mehicun Dream Dusty Rhodes became the fav.

Me too. On the way home from school I heard:

A late night plane crash following a Feb. 2nd performance at Clear Lake, Iowa kills Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper.

Yeah, that was a sad day. My moment like that was in 6th grade and they came over the intercom and told us about the Challenger explosion

Can I start a new thread?

Waycross, Georgia.  

That's it... that's all.  Don't know squat about it.

Does anybody else?  Maybe somebody got trapped there

in a B-horror movie?  They've never had any weather, have they?

Does The Waycross Air-Hair-Tire Care Center actually exist.

Pulled up the SE Members List.  Waycross doesn't appear.

I've searched high and low for a lot of the old TWC music... some of it is impossible to find. I've assembled a pretty good collection tho

I know this is probably a given, but have you checked out twcclassics.com? They have a lot of that old stuff. Don't know if it's comprehensive enough or in a usable format though.

NC.

My dad died 10 years ago. JC was his fav.  

I don't think he ever heard this.  But after all..

... first time I heard this - It became my fav JC tune... all time.

Last he made.

:thumbsup:

Glad I enlightened your day.

Lol sometimes I listen to it a few times in a row.

Like the Johnny Cash! When NIN did a remake of "Hurt" I didn't care fore it, but it got Johnny alot of new fans and a new generation of listeners. Kind of brought him alot of attention during the last years of his life!

Man... NIN version sucks giant donkey d. Nothing but a little whiny emo boy really. JC captured that song by the way he sung it. Alot more emotion involved.

I like Johnny too! Awesome song....

:thumbsup:

Comes from a great artist.

Day the music died.

I was 10.. rolling my bicycle up the road, carving stuff in the trees... happy

while the world was 'adjusting' to a new age.

Transistor radio. 25 cent hamburgers... Kate, hormones... child troubles... silly,

fun.  But, I sensed something wasn't right.  Didn't matter, like it does now.

The Days.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U

Can I start a new thread?

Waycross, Georgia.

That's it... that's all. Don't know squat about it.

Does anybody else? Maybe somebody got trapped there

in a B-horror movie? They've never had any weather, have they?

Does The Waycross Air-Hair-Tire Care Center actually exist.

Pulled up the SE Members List. Waycross doesn't appear.

Come on. Lol who doesn't know about Waycross?

Wahoo McDanial.  Charlotte was epicenter to wrestling in the old days.  WBT studios.

My church group used to go there every Thursday... to fill the chairs.

That was the beginning  Used to collect scripts the wrestlers discarded in the parking lot

when we boarded the church bus.

Oh yea... Swede Hanson.  Biggest hands I ever saw!  Nicest guy you ever meet.  

Diggin' up stuff here guys!

Day the music died.

I was 10.. rolling my bicycle up the road, carving stuff in the trees... happy

while the world was 'adjusting' to a new age.

Transistor radio. 25 cent hamburgers... Kate, hormones... child troubles... silly,

fun.  But, I sensed something wasn't right.  Didn't matter, like it does now.

The Days.   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U

Lol even though Im sort of a young buck I was raise on music like this.

:D

BTW - Yes, we've all heard of Waycross.  We just don't really know what it is.

Ohhhh you just wait till your driving through and all of the sudden outta now wheres Barney Fife is tailing you with his blues.  Says he'll have to take you and the misses in for questioning.  Gets you into town and long be hold WELCOME TO WAYCROSS here are your two free tickets and paddles to the Okefenokee swamp along with a 45% off coupon to Mama's Inn.  Enjoy your stay!!!  Oh the 1950's.

Archived