• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

CAD_Wedge_NC

Well, if we can just get through this week it looks like spring is coming. I'd rather have some snow than cold rain Thursday, but it's easier to take knowing spring is on the way. I'd give this winter a B, a lot better than the last two. I think normally it would be a C, but I am grading on a curve because the last two winters were so awful. We had three events, one that was a pretty high impact event with the folks being stranded on the roads around here. I think that one event raises the grade from a C.

Now I am looking forward to spring and the severe storm season. If the systems are as active as they were this winter, it should be an exciting spring.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeelllllp, that just about does it for this winter folks. Doesn't really look like this one has a snowball's chance. Probably very soon now, we'll see the seasonal gradual decrease in posting activity, with the occasional uptick as we have a severe storm or hurricane threat, until next Fall, just before winter rolls around again.

It has been a fun winter, and though I only got a couple small events, they were nice and miles ahead of what I got the last few winters. Would have liked the big dog, but you can't always get what you want. Hopefully, he'll bark next year.

We've had some fun, some laughs, some bannings, some rebannings, some bannings of the rebanned, and plenty of storms to chase this year, both fantasy and real.

It's felt like a long, cold winter, even though, at least in my area, we're less than 1 degree below normal. But it's been fun. It's been fun because of this board, and everyone, EVERYONE, who posts here. And it's been fun because winter, of course, is fun.

I consider you all my friends, and I have enjoyed spending winter with all of you, if only virtually. :)

Hopefully, many of us an get together in November for a trip to the movies to see Dumb and Dumber To. Meeting in person, I think, would be a lot of fun. And if anybody in the Raleigh area *cough cough* Brick wants to play some ball, let's do it!

Cheers to you all!

I agree Cold Rain!  Good post.

Weeelllllp, that just about does it for this winter folks. Doesn't really look like this one has a snowball's chance. Probably very soon now, we'll see the seasonal gradual decrease in posting activity, with the occasional uptick as we have a severe storm or hurricane threat, until next Fall, just before winter rolls around again.

It has been a fun winter, and though I only got a couple small events, they were nice and miles ahead of what I got the last few winters. Would have liked the big dog, but you can't always get what you want. Hopefully, he'll bark next year.

We've had some fun, some laughs, some bannings, some rebannings, some bannings of the rebanned, and plenty of storms to chase this year, both fantasy and real.

It's felt like a long, cold winter, even though, at least in my area, we're less than 1 degree below normal. But it's been fun. It's been fun because of this board, and everyone, EVERYONE, who posts here. And it's been fun because winter, of course, is fun.

I consider you all my friends, and I have enjoyed spending winter with all of you, if only virtually. :)

Hopefully, many of us an get together in November for a trip to the movies to see Dumb and Dumber To. Meeting in person, I think, would be a lot of fun. And if anybody in the Raleigh area *cough cough* Brick wants to play some ball, let's do it!

Cheers to you all!

I agree this is a great post!!! :snowman:

Cheers to you all!

Great post and agree! I might watch models for another day but looking forward to taking a long break.

Sound slike the Euro comes in colder but no precip for central. That figures. I'd rather have dry than cold rain, though.

Brick, do you seriously have to clutter up the storm thread with this same post, over and over?  Post anything you want, but not this.  I literally believe that at least 10% of your massive post total is some version of that bolded statement.  We know how you feel.  You don't need to remind us every other day.  Show some posting restraint, please.  Just say, "No!" to that post button.

That is all.

Brick, do you seriously have to clutter up the storm thread with this same post, over and over? Post anything you want, but not this. I literally believe that at least 10% of your massive post total is some version of that bolded statement. We know how you feel. You don't need to remind us every other day. Show some posting restraint, please. Just say, "No!" to that post button.

That is all.

Perfect!! My sentiments exactly! 99.2% of my posts are in the banter and obs thread because of my lack of model watching skills and interpretations, but I know this! Unless I really feel like I have something to add or a legit question, I just keep it in here and make a few wise cracks! I'm cool with Brick, but honestly , when it's crunch time and I'm getting a PBP on the newest runs of an impending wintry event, hitting refresh, and I see BT as the newest comment, I cringe!

I'm about to go all Chevy Chase on you winter quitters!!!

;)

I'll be out after tomorrow's 00z runs of there isn't a turnaround. I really don't have a lot of hope now, but I'm willing to cling to hope since winter is almost over.

Everybody will probably be singing a different tune come happy hour and 0z.  

The storm is not a lost cause because it has formed yet seriously doubt the models are seeing the cold right.

Brick, do you seriously have to clutter up the storm thread with this same post, over and over?  Post anything you want, but not this.  I literally believe that at least 10% of your massive post total is some version of that bolded statement.  We know how you feel.  You don't need to remind us every other day.  Show some posting restraint, please.  Just say, "No!" to that post button.

That is all.

Perfect!! My sentiments exactly! 99.2% of my posts are in the banter and obs thread because of my lack of model watching skills and interpretations, but I know this! Unless I really feel like I have something to add or a legit question, I just keep it in here and make a few wise cracks! I'm cool with Brick, but honestly , when it's crunch time and I'm getting a PBP on the newest runs of an impending wintry event, hitting refresh, and I see BT as the newest comment, I cringe!

The "ignore member" feature is available for this website fyi. 

Unfortunately, barring a freak turn of events, it's over! As the great Kenny G said" you got to know when to holdem, you got to know when to foldem" it's time to fold, and don't forget to tip your waitress! :)

Did he play that on his alto sax or his soprano sax? I forget. :)

As the great Kenny G said" you got to know when to holdem, you got to know when to foldem" it's time to fold, and don't forget to tip your waitress! :)

"Wait....What?"

I knew Kenny Rogers was The Gambler....but, I didn't know he was Kenny G also!

That dude had some serious talent, it appears!

well, they still giving me a kitchen sink mix?

.THURSDAY...CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW AND SLEET IN THE
MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN...SLEET WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. COOLER
WITH HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH.
CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 50 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...RAIN LIKELY...A CHANCE OF SLEET AND FREEZING
RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN LIKELY AFTER
MIDNIGHT. LITTLE OR NO SLEET ACCUMULATION. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH IN THE EVENING...BECOMING LIGHT AND
VARIABLE. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN LIKELY IN THE
MORNING...THEN MOSTLY SUNNY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE
AFTERNOON. NOT AS COOL WITH HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

Has anybody noticed today from this mornings runs to now... there is a slight west tick in the models and precip that is currently over GA?

Looking at the h7 fields most of it was suppose to stay off shore of GA.

But it pretty well coming straight up from the south at this rate could be wet here in the morning. The last I checked was suppose to be dry.

Maybe some freezing rain/sleet RDU west in the morning?

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/southeast_loop.php

Archived