joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2nd/3rd Winter Storm Potential

joey2002

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see where you got that info.

He usually takes what the models have and multiplies it by about 4 or 5x to get his snow amounts.

I like that the Euro is a bit more amped up than the other guidance right now...I want some real liquid equivalent in this snow. I've had enough sandstorms that sublimate in 2 days for one winter.

He usually takes what the models have and multiplies it by about 4 or 5x to get his snow amounts.

I like that the Euro is a bit more amped up than the other guidance right now...I want some real liquid equivalent in this snow. I've had enough sandstorms that sublimate in 2 days for one winter.

Euro has about 1-1.2" of QPF from about 20-30 miles north of the pike to 30-40 miles south of the pike.

Really nothing to really gripe about currently if your south of the pike. That's a great look for this time of year, can't really ask for much better

Still a very long way to go, but as is that's 10-12" of snow with no mixing even close to the coast. It will change though. I still worry more about taint than suppression

I like to see this push further NW...isn't that the tendency with southern stream storms?

This is also one of the few srn stream storms that has a polar pig to the north. So, the trend may not totally work...but if I had to guess...I'd lean towards the euro even if it's a bit too far north.  I'm hesitant to say much more because we still have a lot of moving parts.

A few inches on the euro op to BTV.  Probably a 5-9" deal for cental areas of VT and NH into and just south of PWM. 8-12 with the potential for more from srn NH to just north of the south coast.

GFS further south and have maybr 8-11 or so from pike south, esp SE MA. 2-4 maybe for central areas of VT and NH and srn ME. 4-8 north of the pike to the NH border.

This is just a very broad overview.

Nice breakdown!  Thanks.

This is also one of the few srn stream storms that has a polar pig to the north. So, the trend may not totally work...but if I had to guess...I'd lean towards the euro even if it's a bit too far north.  I'm hesitant to say much more because we still have a lot of moving parts.

Thanks.  I thought we had a similar storm earlier in the season that had a big high to the north and we still saw it come NW...regardless as you and others have said, we have a long way to go.

I recant my former grading regarding this winter.  Given the cold and the fact that I have been informed that I am above average snowfall I certainly cant' complain.  Add to that the fact that we have snow coming Monday and possibly the end of next week only makes it better.

I just wish at some point we could get to snowfall of 150% of climo like other people on here have done...

I recant my former grading regarding this winter.  Given the cold and the fact that I have been informed that I am above average snowfall I certainly cant' complain.  Add to that the fact that we have snow coming Monday and possibly the end of next week only makes it better.

I just wish at some point we could get to snowfall of 150% of climo like other people on here have done...

Your snowfall is likely 150% of climo right now..lol.

Anyway, hopefully this storm ends up north of where most of the models are currently showing.

Well as was already pointed out, your variance decreases the further NW you travel. It becomes very difficult to achieve larger standard deviations in already snowy places. The coast will always have the highest variance.

10-11 11-12 pretty much perfectly demonstrate the balance of extremes that coastal New England winters can be.

I like where guidance sits right now, GFS bias for progression suggests the final solution will be a bit north of what it has, but I of course still expect a good deal of changes over the next couple days.

10-11 11-12 pretty much perfectly demonstrate the balance of extremes that coastal New England winters can be.

I like where guidance sits right now, GFS bias for progression suggests the final solution will be a bit north of what it has, but I of course still expect a good deal of changes over the next couple days.

I thought the euro ensemble looked like a decent compromise, but I probably favor a little more of a consolidated low.

Whatever, this far out doesn't mean a whole lot..lol.

The GFS/GEFS are further south than all the foreign guidance. It seems to have a penchant for that on southern stream systems. My guess is reality ends up north of that model suite. Details still to be determined though.

Yeah, I struggle with being specific enough in my posts. I was sort of misguiding you on what I meant with my last post. I was more or less posting about where I believe the final areas the system will favor.. I think almost everyone in SNE sees several inches of snow in this one.

Again, this is me thinking. I'm not suggesting a lock. It is how I feel.

Archived