Newest Member
    joxey
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z GGEM snowmap shows 12+ for the NYC area

Interesting. If the EURO were to show something similar this forum will explode. Of course even if it did, we are walking a tightrope with this system. So many variables with this setup. EURO just might show a MECS at 12z, only to lose it at 00z. I'm not saying thats going to happen, its just the tenuous pattern we're in.

For those complaining about BL issues or mixing problems I have just one question for you...

What are you going to do next year when we go 3 weeks or more without even having something to track? That's normal winter for this area.

I think next year will be a Mod El Nino, so we will have storms to track, at the very least.

Banter, but I already have a weekend trip to sugarbush planned. Worried ill have to head home sat night instead of Sunday to beat the weather.

I'm not booking anything until last minute. It's possible this clobbers all of the greens. And yeah based on current trends leaving Sunday morning looks like a good call. My current plan is to leave very early Sunday before the storm ride Sunday afternoon and hopefully Monday unless its an all out blizzard in which case Monday off ride Tuesday.

To much going on to set anything in stone but I think it's looking like the mountains see at minimum a moderate event.

I hate slop storms more then anything here at home the agony of watching the snow wash away in heavy rain. Unfortunate that's this is looking that way

I'm not booking anything until last minute. It's possible this clobbers all of the greens. And yeah based on current trends leaving Sunday morning looks like a good call. My current plan is to leave very early Sunday before the storm ride Sunday afternoon and hopefully Monday unless its an all out blizzard in which case Monday off ride Tuesday.

To much going on to set anything in stone but I think it's looking like the mountains see at minimum a moderate event.

I hate slop storms more then anything here at he the agony of watching the snow wash away in heavy rain. Unfortunate that's this is looking that way

The 12z GGEM has less than 2" for all of Vermont.

The 12z GGEM has less than 2" for all of Vermont.

Anything is possible. Like I said I'm not booking till last minute. And Stowe sees 2" of upslope when the rest of ne is dry. That's why I always wanted to ride there.

And going with this winters nw trend on all but the super suppressed storms I am not buying that

Anything is possible. Like I said I'm not booking till last minute. And Stowe sees 2" of upslope when the rest of ne is dry. That's why I always wanted to ride there.

And going with this winters nw trend on all but the super suppressed storms I am not buying that

This is courtesy of the polar vortex. The moisture can only get so far north.

Archived