Newest Member
    joxey
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your snowpack up there? 30"?

Heh, nope... well under a foot of glacial pack. I actually have less snow than Central Park on the season I think.

you're complaining about 6-8?

Who's complaining? The 12z GFS is the driest piece of guidance so far for northern reaches of this subforum.

Edit: sans the DGEX, of course. ;)

I'm hoping things trend south a bit to give us more wiggle room, I'm not terribly comfortable being near the edge 3 to 4 days out.

This thing can maybe track 50-75 miles north of where it is now, the PV and the strong high to the north just are not going to let this go much further north than currently shown

I'm hoping things trend south a bit to give us more wiggle room, I'm not terribly comfortable being near the edge 3 to 4 days out.

What are you talking about? This misconception that the models will tick north with every storm is awful. It's only happened twice this year so far inside of day 5.

This thing can maybe track 50-75 miles north of where it is now, the PV and the strong high to the north just are not going to let this go much further north than currently shown

Yeah, I actually think that as long as the PV positioning here verifies, it won't matter how strong the southern vort is. If it really ends up becoming amplified we'll just end up with a stronger coastal.

Archived