• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2- 4 Snowstorm Potential

NEG NAO

The. ECMWF-ENS trend has been a little south from last night and yeasterday's run. Most models are trending a little south. We need to wait for a few more runs before any true conclusion can be made. At this point it could be rain/ ice/ snow or it could even miss us to the south. As for my forecast I did issue a heads up and currently leaning for a mainly snow event.

I 100% respect you so no disrespect when I say the Euro and it's ensembles are north of 0z last night. The 18z gfs and its ensembles are north of the 12z but south of last night's 0z . The only model that was truly suppressed was the NAVGEM which is way north of it's 12z run (not that the NAVGEM matters).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The. ECMWF-ENS trend has been a little south from last night and yeasterday's run. Most models are trending a little south. We need to wait for a few more runs before any true conclusion can be made. At this point it could be rain/ ice/ snow or it could even miss us to the south. As for my forecast I did issue a heads up and currently leaning for a mainly snow event.

wait what? euro and GFS ensembles are north - not south - this post really confuses things as its not accurate -- I see the red tag and mean no disrespect but the bolded is not true... 

the rest im in 100% agreement with..

Truly believe the frontal boundary sets up NW of I 95 think it will be nice snows inland and mixing issues coastal areas, the NW trend had already begun wether it stops where it is now or it keeps trending has yet to be seen, but all systems have trended NW this year no indication it stops now. Just my opinion don't not have facts to back it up.

Truly believe the frontal boundary sets up NW of I 95 think it will be nice snows inland and mixing issues coastal areas, the NW trend had already begun wether it stops where it is now or it keeps trending has yet to be seen, but all systems have trended NW this year no indication it stops now. Just my opinion don't not have facts to back it up.

It happened about twice, honestly. Folks need to get it out of their minds that every storm will trend NW because the early Feb one did. And I say that as someone on the northern cusp of the progged precip shield for this upcoming event who would love a continued NW trend.

It happened about twice, honestly. Folks need to get it out of their minds that every storm will trend NW because the early Feb one did. And I say that as someone on the northern cusp of the progged precip shield for this upcoming event who would love a continued NW trend.

and I am saying it as someone on the coast who is expecting mixing over snow

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller/data/nam/00/nam_namer_036_sim_radar.gif

Very impressive look to the storm coming onshore

Sent from my iPhone

Wow. Let me just say as a former Los Angeles resident, it almost only ever rains in january, nonetheless march. And it looks more like a tropical system.

I have no idea why you would worry Yanks, the cold is better for everyone, the shortwave is still very pronounced and the 50/50 is in a better spot, precip is just beginning to break out. This is an awesome run, but its the NAM so it doesn't matter. 

At the very least, I'll take this as good karma for the rest of the 00z suite. :thumbsup:

I have no idea why you would worry Yanks, the cold is better for everyone, the shortwave is still very pronounced and the 50/50 is in a better spot, precip is just beginning to break out. This is an awesome run, but its the NAM so it doesn't matter.

To me it leaves open the possibility of nailing points south of us instead.

Archived