Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 3-5 Event

windvane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kiss of death whistling.gif

This will have to be MAJOR (probably more than the model consensus right now).  A foot + for sure.  Still a lot that can go wrong with that, right now I don't think I'd call a foot + likely.  But still, it makes sense for the adjustment even if I don't come home, since I worked today, was off tomorrow, then worked two more days before another three off.  Now I'm working tomorrow and am off Sunday-Wednesday.  That works better no matter what happens.

Latest Wxsim with 18z data for NW Chester County PA

Lite mix during the day on Sunday with Moderate snow starting by 830pm temp 31.4

1130pm Heavy Snow temp 28.9 (snow total 1.0")

330am Heavy Snow temp 25.7 (4.0" snow)

900am Heavy Snow temp 24.8 (7.0" snow)

12noon Snow temp 24.3 (8.0" snow)

3pm Heavy Snow temp 23.9 (10.0" snow)

6pm Heavy Snow temp 23.2 (13.0" snow)

10pm Light Snow temp 22.2 (15.0" snow)

Lite mix during the day on Sunday with Moderate snow starting by 830pm temp 31.4

12noon Snow temp 24.3 (8.0" snow)

That's very impressive especially for march numbers.

Of note if this were to somehow verify....still a long shot that would put NW Chester County at 91.0" of snow this season which would move this year to 2nd place all time for Chester County PA behind 1898/99 when 95.0" fell and just ahead of the current #2 all time from 2009/10 when 86.6" of snow fell.....as I keep telling my friends global warming ....uh I mean climate change is not working out well of late

12noon Snow temp 24.3 (8.0" snow)

Of note if this were to somehow verify....still a long shot that would put NW Chester County at 91.0" of snow this season which would move this year to 2nd place all time for Chester County PA behind 1898/99 when 95.0" fell and just ahead of the current #2 all time from 2009/10 when 86.6" of snow fell.....as I keep telling my friends global warming ....uh I mean climate change is not working out well of late

Or 86" for me which is outstanding here at the other end of the township.  30" on the ground in March is rather unusual I'd think.  March 58 was an exception.   Where the h*** am i gonna put it...

NAM is slower with the cold but deeper with the shortwave out west, it might be warmer with the front end like the GGEM, but cold should press down and allow for a lot of snow with 2nd part if it holdsd...

It's starting to get on-track, but it's consistency is still shaky.  Just look at what it did with the other off-shore low from 18z run to 0z run.    like a 300 mile shift.  

GFS has been solid.  and Euro finally jumped aboard.  

Saw the run and yep, based on the 00z GFS run, thats a really impressive snowfall to kick off March.  Just really impressed how much arctic air will be in play and next week.  You got all the moisture that will come in from the Pacific and the timing is looking right. Something tells me we could reach the all time record for Philly snowfall.  We would need about 24 inches to break that record.  Would not surprise me if we hit that mark and just break that record snowfall season from 2009-2010 season.  Just an impressive winter season.  

Saw the run and yep, based on the 00z GFS run, thats a really impressive snowfall to kick off March.  Just really impressed how much arctic air will be in play and next week.  You got all the moisture that will come in from the Pacific and the timing is looking right. Something tells me we could reach the all time record for Philly snowfall.  We would need about 24 inches to break that record.  Would not surprise me if we hit that mark and just break that record snowfall season from 2009-2010 season.  Just an impressive winter season.  

Yep, great run. Let's hope the EC holds!

PHL only needs 19.3" to break 09-10.

Yep, great run. Let's hope the EC holds!

PHL only needs 19.3" to break 09-10.

Didn't get a chance to see where Philly was at, but 19 inches.  Wow, that maybe in reach.  Talk about some of the winter outlooks we saw back in December to how this winter has gone.  Just thinking to how last year's winter was non existent.  Seeing China, pretty much most of Europe just getting pounded. Now all that arctic and storminess is on our side of the globe this year.  Man oh, I kept saying this would be a colder and snowier winter, but to see what we've gotten this year has been pretty amazing. 

Archived