• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

Yep, snow is over here.  Looks like some heavier returns to move in, but at this point it is 38F and I don't think we'll cool down to return to snow.  Dry slotted + rain.  A double whammy (at least for some of us).

It hasn't been the worst winter in history, but just about everything that could go wrong this year has to prevent any bigger storm in this area.  I think I've had just enough disappointment for a year, ready to return to the golf course.

Yep, snow is over here. Looks like some heavier returns to move in, but at this point it is 38F and I don't think we'll cool down to return to snow. Dry slotted + rain. A double whammy (at least for some of us).

It hasn't been the worst winter in history, but just about everything that could go wrong this year has to prevent any bigger storm in this area. I think I've had just enough disappointment for a year, ready to return to the golf course.

I've been ready for awhile. Frigid temps and 1-2 nuisance snows don't get me excited.

Lol I don't think there's much to complain about this month so far... I've had 11" of snow in 5 days plus record cold as well. But the "pattern" is supposed to break this coming week.

Definitely finishing strong down the stretch here.

Much better than last year, where everything was suppressed after the middle of February.

More dimes than nickles this season.

Then why do they even do it?

It's dumb, I agree, but doing it now or April isn't going to change anything really. We are in the area of the season where it is what it is. Days get longer and it gets warmer out.

I for one wont complain about being able to being outside until 7:30 after basically being inside with cold temps and darkness around 5-530 since December.

But for each is his own.

Today is wonderful out. Heat is off, windows are open, and birds are chirping.

I personally notice a difference the first day of work on Monday.

The earlier DST start date, causes me to wake up in the dark, as opposed to daybreak.

Of course everybody's schedule is different, I was just commenting on my routine.

Yeah, I think it was fine before the recent change to increase the dst time. It starts too soon and ends too late for my liking. I question energy savings, sure there is one hour in the evening that people don't have lights on, but its just transferred to the morning when people are getting ready for work. I notice the difference in the morning too. It was getting light just as I left for work prior to the change, now its still dark when I get to work. it will even out in a couple more weeks, but why not leave it alone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...