• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

25 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

This thread has been around for 8 years.

Almost 30% of the posts in it were in the last 2 months. Despite all that, we made it to normal snowfall (44”)

God help yinz if we ever have an 18” winter. :lol:

To be fair I used to bitch a lot. Now I don't care as much. 

4 hours ago, Burghblizz said:

Almost 30% of the posts in it were in the last 2 months. Despite all that, we made it to normal snowfall (44”)

About another 30% of the posts were made in the first 2 months, it appears. Glad we got this thing revived.

14 hours ago, Burghblizz said:

Well, a lot of the posts were trying to explain why freaking over a lull in early February isn't wise, lol.  I kid...but not really.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, TorontoTransplant said:

lol he got suspended from reddit

I saw that lol. Went to see if there was any new content on there to laugh at and all I saw was someone talking about him getting suspended. What got him suspended?

On 5/4/2022 at 9:38 AM, TimB said:

I saw that lol. Went to see if there was any new content on there to laugh at and all I saw was someone talking about him getting suspended. What got him suspended?

It was stupid. 

THere was a thread about a cop punching a protestor in east liberty. People were defending it, saying the cop should be allowed to punch someone if a person gets in their face or the cop feels threatened, or just in general if a cop feels like it.

I responded along the lines of "fine, you're annoying me, since it is acceptable behavior lets meet and I get one shot at you" and some snowflake reported it as threatening violence. Since reddit doesn't understand nuance they perma banned me.

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

It was stupid. 

THere was a thread about a cop punching a protestor in east liberty. People were defending it, saying the cop should be allowed to punch someone if a person gets in their face or the cop feels threatened, or just in general if a cop feels like it.

I responded along the lines of "fine, you're annoying me, since it is acceptable behavior lets meet and I get one shot at you" and some snowflake reported it as threatening violence. Since reddit doesn't understand nuance they perma banned me.

If somebody is yelling in a cops face and getting a crowd wound up the cop absolutely can arrest or detain that person for public disturbance. Of course there are grey areas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

It was stupid. 

Well you were wrong, lol.

10 hours ago, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

100% same with Geno and Letang-build around Sid, Jake, and Matheson 

Not sure I can agree with you on Matheson. He had as many lapses that cost us goals, games, and eventually the series as Letang and Marino did. I thought the Ruhwedel/Friedman pairing played a solid series, but they’re of course role players. So maybe ultimately it wasn’t Crosby or Jarry, but actually the Dumoulin injury that really screwed us. Regardless, a fourth straight 1st round exit and all 3 of the teams in this city are officially in rebuilding mode. Would have been nice to enter this dark age without already having a 4 year streak of not advancing in the playoffs already under our belts.

• 2 weeks later...

What a mess with the train derailment. Just read an article that said boat traffic will be closed from the accident site all the way down to the point. This has to be one of the bigger boating weekends of the year I’d imagine. 

• 3 months later...

If anyone is interested in joining a NFL pick em league ($30 fee for the whole season) please check out the thread for more information. This used to be just open to American Weather, however, given lack of signups this has been expanded outside of the form to hopefully draw a bigger participation. If you are interested or even have any friends interested please pass the word along! 

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I’d like to air a grievance about how we need to have absolutely perfect conditions to get a decent snowstorm around here these days. I feel like it wasn’t always this way. Everything cuts now. Hope our 3 days of cold is fun for everyone and then we get to watch the MJO slog through 4-5-6 for a few weeks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, donyewest said:

12.5F above average for Jan 2023 so far.  Bets on where it'll end up?  Dec 2022 was only -0.7F with the cold snap.  Nov 2022 was +1.7F.

Saw this tweet and don't think I'll be able to cope, let alone reach a level of zen, about snow this winter.

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 1.06.24 PM.png

I think he was being facetious about no snow, and I feel it was more centered on the coast anyway.

• 3 weeks later...