• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

Just now, TimB said:

I thought the MLK “bust” discussion would end if we got another good storm but sadly that doesn’t appear to be the case.

One person absolutely won't let it go.

I said this was the best storm of the year, and someone had to jump in "maybe for you I got more on MLK day."

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Yes, and the MLK was still as big as it was despite any other assertions, lol.

I'll 100% take an overperformer like this any day over a storm that had big potential and mixes and dry slots.

I don't know why you care to argue about this with me so much?

On 3/12/2022 at 1:54 PM, KPITSnow said:

I showed you the snow map and you blew it off. Not doing it again.

They made a map from reports, but those weren’t all final totals. I said that to you before as well. If you cross reference the PIS, it had the times. You can still be disappointed about what you personally got, but recognize it wasn’t like that everywhere.

Now, 3.12 was no doubt my favorite storm of the year. Only thing that sucked was a lot fell overnight. But it was more enjoyable than waiting for a dry lot to fill in. MLK was still more impactful for my neighborhood due to the time of the year. I didn’t love it because it was almost like two separate 4+” storms. But it all counts. 

So Both were 9-ish inches for me, but the March sun reduced impact and made 3.12 an easy cleanup.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

They made a map from reports, but those weren’t all final totals. I said that to you before as well. If you cross reference the PIS, it had the times. You can still be disappointed about what you personally got, but recognize it wasn’t like that everywhere.

Now, 3.12 was no doubt my favorite storm of the year. Only thing that sucked was a lot fell overnight. But it was more enjoyable than waiting for a dry lot to fill in. MLK was still more impactful for my neighborhood due to the time of the year. I didn’t love it because it was almost like two separate 4+” storms. But it all counts. 

So Both were 9-ish inches for me, but the March sun reduced impact and made 3.12 an easy cleanup.

The nice thing about MLK too, was that the snow was on the ground for weeks.

Just now, Ahoff said:

The nice thing about MLK too, was that the snow was on the ground for weeks.

Yeah, it set a nice base for a clipper and some other smaller snowfalls. You’d never know it from our threads, but January was the 3rd snowiest of the last 25 years. 

This was a decent winter despite the dry spells and the torrential rain at times.  Still will crack 40” overall, and had 2 8”+ events. And we’ve had 4 such storms in the last 4 years, which is a lot better pace than the previous 10 years. 

Next year we reel in the real big one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burghblizz said:

Yeah, it set a nice base for a clipper and some other smaller snowfalls. You’d never know it from our threads, but January was the 3rd snowiest of the last 25 years. 

This was a decent winter despite the dry spells and the torrential rain at times.  Still will crack 40” overall, and had 2 8”+ events. And we’ve had 4 such storms in the last 4 years, which is a lot better pace than the previous 10 years. 

Next year we reel in the real big one. 

Yes, there are some trends that I've liked the last few seasons.

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Those snowfall total maps are not always accurate. Oswego, NY has 70" so far this season but it paints us in the 8-10 foot range. Additionally, I know Lewis Co., TN has about 18" this season but it's not located within the 1-2' contour on the map.

These maps are a great resource to get an idea of snowfall surplus vs. deficits nationwide, but I do not use them for totals for one location. The interpolation can lead to error.

Regardless, the map is not accurate because there isn’t a small dot of yellow inside the orange area where @KPITSnow’s house would be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Those snowfall total maps are not always accurate. Oswego, NY has 70" so far this season but it paints us in the 8-10 foot range. Additionally, I know Lewis Co., TN has about 18" this season but it's not located within the 1-2' contour on the map.

These maps are a great resource to get an idea of snowfall surplus vs. deficits nationwide, but I do not use them for totals for one location. The interpolation can lead to error.

Which was exactly my point.  These maps really can't be used for definitive totals.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, Ahoff said:

Literally, have no Reddit.  Move on.  No one here cares about your Reddit.  It’s gross you accuse people of things they aren’t doing.

Well someone on here does. I'm guessing you or Tim since you are both so incredibly obsessed with me. Can't go two damn posts without bringing up that MLK even that was a bust.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

Well someone on here does. I'm guessing you or Tim since you are both so incredibly obsessed with me. Can't go two damn posts without bringing up that MLK even that was a bust.

You are lost.  You clearly can’t read.  I.  HAVE.  NO.  REDDIT.  I give no shits about your Reddit.  Get over yourself.

• Weenie 1

10 hours ago, Ahoff said:

You are lost.  You clearly can’t read.  I.  HAVE.  NO.  REDDIT.  I give no shits about your Reddit.  Get over yourself.

If you accidentally stumbled upon it like I did, you might give a few shits. There are some absolute gems on there.