Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

5 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

where are you seeing this??? looks like the models keep flip flopping

This is the complaint thread. I could see February going either way, but it’s been such a warm month in recent years that the warm trend on the models has me skittish.

8 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

My god, I posted the maps multiple times. Most of the county had an advisory level event.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was one of the worst event I've experienced.

If the bolded isn’t trolling, I don’t know what is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Let it go. I thought it was a bust.I'm glad you were ok with you7 inches when 12+ was very possible. I wasn't.

It was less snow for people to be too lazy to shovel off of their sidewalks, walkways, outdoor steps, etc., which made life infinitely easier for some friends of mine who are gig economy workers, if that’s a silver lining.

2 hours ago, TimB said:

It was less snow for people to be too lazy to shovel off of their sidewalks, walkways, outdoor steps, etc., which made life infinitely easier for some friends of mine who are gig economy workers, if that’s a silver lining.

So you are the Reddit stalker. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, KPITSnow said:

I mean I saw you mention it in the other thread to again poke at me.

When are you planning on making another reddit account to stalk me across reddit?

Dude, I’m not stalking you on Reddit. I looked for the stalker’s account and accidentally happened to stumble upon yours.

5 minutes ago, TimB said:

Won’t comment until this event is over, but it’s best to just keep expectations low. It’s no secret that if there were a stat for “snow climo relative to neighboring areas”, Pittsburgh may very well be in or near last place in the entire US.

Every weenie thinks that. Look at the snow hole in South central PA this year. Try a Philly or DC 2” winter.

Anyway - ripping 2” per hour right now. Not sure if it last for an hour, but approaching a fresh inch. Nice last 30 days as I’m around 25”.

2 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

Every weenie thinks that. Look at the snow hole in South central PA this year. Try a Philly or DC 2” winter.

Anyway - ripping 2” per hour right now. Not sure if it last for an hour, but approaching a fresh inch. Nice last 30 days as I’m around 25”.

40 MPH gust. Whiteout. But weenie on guys 

7 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

I’m not saying our snow climo is worse than Philly or DC, because that’s obviously not the case. I’m saying that our snow climo relative to our neighbors is much worse than Philly or DC’s snow climo relative to their neighbors, because they’re adjacent to areas that also suck, but we’re adjacent to areas that regularly jackpot.

Regardless, most of the area looks to probably get a squall at some point this morning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimB said:

I’m not saying our snow climo is worse than Philly or DC, because that’s obviously not the case. I’m saying that our snow climo relative to our neighbors is much worse than Philly or DC’s snow climo relative to their neighbors, because they’re adjacent to areas that also suck, but we’re adjacent to areas that regularly jackpot.

Regardless, most of the area looks to probably get a squall at some point this morning.

Yeah, I mean I could say Charlotte NC's snow climo sucks...we have places within 50 miles of us that consistently see way more snow. THat is what sucks.