Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

• 1 month later...

Prediction fail...

Sorry !! learn to stop when you're behind

http://http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/6101769-74/lemieux-burkle-coach

By Dejan Kovacevic 

Published: Friday, May 16, 2014, 11:22 p.m.

Updated 12 hours ago

Let's dispense with this right up front: Dan Bylsma isn't coming back to coach the Penguins.

No chance.

Not happening.

Now of course, his name never came up in the team's clumsy, confounding news conference Friday, the one in which Ray Shero was fired and we then waited awkwardly for the other shoe that never dropped. There already was an element of weirdness that the announcement wasn't being made by owners Mario Lemieux and Ron Burkle but by CEO David Morehouse, Shero's hierarchical equal. And it reached another level when one wiseacre actually had to ask whether, in fact, Bylsma was being fired.

You're welcome.

The answer from Morehouse was no different than those from Lemieux and Burkle an hour later, when they and I met in the owners' voluminous office across the Consol Energy Center hall from the news conference they just dodged.

“Dan's still the coach,” Lemieux replied to my first question, and he kept a straight face.

But no, really, Dan isn't still the coach. And I'll tell you why: It's because when Lemieux and Burkle arrived at their decision to fire Shero, they did so not only because of lousy drafts and an old, overpaid, soft roster, but also because — and let's be clear on this — the coach was every bit on board.

When Burkle made public it was Lemieux who ordered the addition of Jacques Martin to the staff last summer “to bring another coach in and see if we could be more flexible, try to adapt between how we were playing in the regular season and in the playoffs,” he wasn't exactly endorsing the head coach.

When Lemieux repeatedly stated the Penguins were lacking “grit and character,” he once took the extra step to add, “even on special teams.” The power play, he meant. Shooting the puck. Crashing the net. That's on the coach.

When I asked how the Penguins could go all season without giving soon-to-be-ancient defense prospect Simon Despres a long look, Lemieux replied, “Yeah.” Burkle chimed in, “Agree with that 100 percent.”

When Burkle described being convinced last summer by Shero to keep Bylsma, he recalled: “If you look back at that today, in some ways, I wish we hadn't made that bet. If we're disappointed, it's that we lost a year to the change that we should have made already.”

Yeah, that coach isn't coming back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rutherford is no better than Shero.

Yes he is ! In Carolina he had a Owner who was Bi-Polar ! 1 season he would say spend more & the Next season he would say be at cap floor, Pens spend to the cap! Guy has won as many SC's as Shero did, with nowhere NEAR the talent Shero inherited from Craig Patrick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes but I use radarscope on my phone and I had to use Cleveland site. It still works but not as accurate from that distance. Of course we had intense storms this morning too.

Oh ok.

I never heard of radarscope before today.

I saw it avaialble on the google play store.

It looks like a good app.

Is it worth the money in your opinion ?

• 3 weeks later...

Mabey it wouldn't have made the most "buisness" sense, but signing morneau, bryd, and burnett in the off season could have made the bucs a real pennant contender in a weak N.L.

Polanco still would have been called up.

But instead of depending on him to save the season, he could have been used to give the the starters a few more days off.

• 2 months later...

Just a reminder for everyone to use this thread for any issues with each other, as opposed to the main thread.

I know it's tough sometimes, but it helps to keep everything on point, when a storm is approaching.

Also, for anyone outside our region that feels the need to meddle in the buisness of this thread... don't.

Everyone is welcome to join in any discussions.

The self righteous, D-bag, example making policing isn't welcome.

I hate that no matter what, we are also on a fringe...either way. I also don't like when make proclamations that defy out climo and then get annoyed when they are called on it.

Are you still down in Emsworth ?

I remember living in Coraopolis, the low elevation killed these early season, marginal temp storms.

Even 2/5/10, it had begun to rain around 5 pm, before quickly changing over to snow.

For about an hour though, I was mentally distraught. Lol

Yeah, living down by the ohio river, you were either fighting climo or elevation.

Are you still down in Emsworth ?

I remember living in Coraopolis, the low elevation killed these early season, marginal temp storms.

Even 2/5/10, it had begun to rain around 5 pm, before quickly changing over to snow.

For about an hour though, I was mentally distraught. Lol

Yeah, living down by the ohio river, you were either fighting climo or elevation.

Yep in emaworth. It sucks.