• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

Where's that damn SE ridge when we need it. Lol.

Anyway, it is looking like fringe city once again.

But I'm staying onboard, for better or for worse.

It seems like every storm this winter that had us on the edge of the snow 3 or 4 days out locked in and the storms that had us in the bullseye 3 to 4 days out moved north or south. Couldn't win this year on the big one,

What happened to the Pens last night? That's more disappointing than anything storm-related IMO! And while I understand that these outdoor games get good ratings and are spreading the love of Hockey to a new audience, the players strongly dislike them due to sketchy ice conditions and (in this case) accumulating snow. I'm conflicted, personally.

What happened to the Pens last night? That's more disappointing than anything storm-related IMO! And while I understand that these outdoor games get good ratings and are spreading the love of Hockey to a new audience, the players strongly dislike them due to sketchy ice conditions and (in this case) accumulating snow. I'm conflicted, personally.

Regardless of the conditions, both teams have to play in them and it looked at though Chicago was having fun and the Pens wanted to get out of town. NO excuse for not being up for a Nationally Televised game.

I was there in person for the game. I expected it to be a knock out drag out show of two amazing teams that rarely play eachother. Watching closely, our defense failed. The beginning of the game they were doubling our shots on goal easily and fluery can only hold out for so long. Despres made two big mistakes after we scored and he knew it. After the fifth goal he sat and thought for a second at the net. That being said the experience was amazing. The snow was great! And the Chicago fans were great too. Some banter but respectful even after our loss. One even said I would like to make fun of you more be you're great fans. Can't even say much you're not Philly.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, getting suppresed again sucks, but whatever.

My real gripe, is the fact that many in the mid-atlantic have had the best of both worlds this month.

At least twice now, they've had golfing weather one day, then heavy snow the next.

Meanwhile here in Pgh the few decent days we've had, have been like walking around in the high desert with all the dirt and dust blowing around.

Lots of fun.

That's fine, I'm still holding out hope for the big inland runner that buries sw pa.

Winter is far from over.

Ok, getting suppresed again sucks, but whatever.

My real gripe, is the fact that many in the mid-atlantic have had the best of both worlds this month.

At least twice now, they've had golfing weather one day, then heavy snow the next.

Meanwhile here in Pgh the few decent days we've had, have been like walking around in the high desert with all the dirt and dust blowing around.

Lots of fun.

That's fine, I'm still holding out hope for the big inland runner that buries sw pa.

Winter is far from over.

Spring starts Thursday. Everyday here on out it gets tougher to get a storm.

Over the last 30 years we average just over an inch of snow in April. Keep that in mind. The seasons are changing, which means more sun and it's getting warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry this pattern is B.S.

Every snow event has trended downward this month.

I almost gaurantee though, that the rain forecasted later this week will verify spot on.

#idontgivea****whatyouthink

What snow event? We were never in the game on this. I think snow mostly is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple days ago it was more of an event.

The pattern did stink for us, although other areas cashed in on a couple of nice events. Can't believe that nice bomb out in the Atlantic is being wasted...

Tonight's snow was looking better a couple days ago, but now its basically a fropa..

I wouldn't rule other another shot of snow sometime in April given this winter, but doubt it ends up being anything noteworthy.