• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

UMMM have been a fan since 1972 !! my guess is I have been a fan longer than you have been alive, My Uncle GOD Rest His soul took me to games when you could have put off a Stick of Dynamite in the Civic Arena & No one would have gotten hurt ! went when there were at MOST 6,000 People there

I'd hope not. You act like you are 13.

You can take it too far though. I saw a lot of that last year on Bob Smziak's blog on the Post-Gazette during the Pirates run. The guys who root for a result that enables them to keep on whining as opposed to the team winning were pretty obvious.

I see it all the time from fans. The running joke between me and my friend was that the pirates won 94 games and hurdle lost 68.

Cool.

Right now I'm a bit bugged at the off-season, was hoping for at least one good signing.

What do you mean, they signed a mean chair lift operator...Why anyone would support the Pirates with this owner is beyond me. Guess people are so desperate for a winning baseball team, they get sucked in despite an owner who has no intention of spending any money to have a winning team.  If they get lucky a year here and there with a winning record Nutting realizes that is enough to hoodwink the fans.

What do you mean, they signed a mean chair lift operator...Why anyone would support the Pirates with this owner is beyond me. Guess people are so desperate for a winning baseball team, they get sucked in despite an owner who has no intention of spending any money to have a winning team.  If they get lucky a year here and there with a winning record Nutting realizes that is enough to hoodwink the fans.

Agreed. 

They needed to get a right fielder and a 1st Baseman.

Them not getting a first baseman has really bothered me.

I wish they had tried to sign Morneau.

If they would have made a qualifying offer on AJ it would have been 14 mil, sources say we offered him 12. The phils would have swept in and picked him up at 16, giving us a 1st round draft pick in compensation. Then we could have gone out and got Morales for 1st. We would of had to give up a 1st rounder but we would have of had that extra pick to make up for it. What's spending an extra 2 mil if you're already going to offer 12? The Pirates blow me away sometimes. They made huge strides last year, only to sour things in the offseason. Not good business.

If they would have made a qualifying offer on AJ it would have been 14 mil, sources say we offered him 12. The phils would have swept in and picked him up at 16, giving us a 1st round draft pick in compensation. Then we could have gone out and got Morales for 1st. We would of had to give up a 1st rounder but we would have of had that extra pick to make up for it. What's spending an extra 2 mil if you're already going to offer 12? The Pirates blow me away sometimes. They made huge strides last year, only to sour things in the offseason. Not good business.

NOPE! AJ is the one I agree with the Pirates on Mid 30's pitchers hit the wall & hit it hard & a Phillies fan on twitter hated the signing because the Pirates had really good infield defense & he said the only infielder for Phillies that is above avg. defensively & above avg. range is 2nd Basemen Chase Utley 

NOPE! AJ is the one I agree with the Pirates on Mid 30's pitchers hit the wall & hit it hard & a Phillies fan on twitter hated the signing because the Pirates had really good infield defense & he said the only infielder for Phillies that is above avg. defensively & above avg. range is 2nd Basemen Chase Utley 

He was 10-11 last year with a 3.03 era? I would hardly call that " hitting a wall "  My point is, if we offered him 12mil, why not just match the qualifying offer so if another team were to sign him we would get a free 1st round pick. So then we could have signed Morales and still had a first round pick.

Sorry, 3.30 era. Still not bad, especially with 202 strikeouts thrown in.

He was 10-11 last year with a 3.03 era? I would hardly call that " hitting a wall "  My point is, if we offered him 12mil, why not just match the qualifying offer so if another team were to sign him we would get a free 1st round pick. So then we could have signed Morales and still had a first round pick.

because they took AJ at his word it was either Pirates or retirement

Morneau sucked ! he has become a singles hitter at a corner Infield spot you want & need power from 

Morneau may not be as good as he once was but I would take him at first right now over Sanchez and an unproven Lambo. Better fielder and although he hit "0" home runs with the Pirates, he did hit 13 of his home runs in July and August and 9 in August alone. To say he sucked is a little too much.