• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

I will admit that I believe Bylsma has made a huge change this year. He saw a weakness and addressed it. By bringing in Martin I believe that he's willing to change his system because clearly theres problems.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT Jacques Martin is Outvoted 3 -1 on anything ! He had nowhere else to go he drove Fla. Panthers into the ground & is 60+ years old you think he wants to be 3rd Asst. coach 

Regular season performance doesn't mean s**t when the playoffs start.

Yep !! BUt the Kool-Aid drinkers don't understand that ! they think you get awarded the Stanley Cup because you sellout every game & Have the Best Player in the World. Pgh. Hockey media have done their job Beautifully Dumb down the Masses who don't understand hockey at all past Re. Season Wins & Losses 

Right now, the Pens remind me of the Washington Capitals under Boudreau. Great regular seasons and then flame out in the playoffs. Boudreau eventually got fired despite those great regular seasons. I don't know if Mario and Burkle will fire Bylsma at some point if this continues. They did fire Therrien the season after we were in the Cup Finals and the team sunk to 10th place in the conference. If they flame out again in the playoffs as a one seed then something will have to be done. You have to give Bylsma credit at the same time considering all of the injuries this team has had to deal with and yet still being at the top of the standings. I'm not just going to completely bash him. He has his strong points and weak points as a coach. Unfortunately. the weak points have shown up the past few years in the playoffs eventually getting outcoached in a series. Let's see what happens in the playoffs this time around. 

Umm, the Stanley cup?

I knew some Kool-Aid drinker would fall for it *& figured it would be you. The Pens won the SC with Michel Therriens system that Bylsma himself said when Hired because of time constraints could only add a few tweaks to it , Also they Won the SC with The Attention to detail that MT pounded into their heads, BUT the real reason they won the SC cup is because the Players were so sick of MT head games & Screaming at them & calling them out in the media that they would have won with The 3 Stooges as the Coaching Staff 

I knew some Kool-Aid drinker would fall for it *& figured it would be you. The Pens won the SC with Michel Therriens system that Bylsma himself said when Hired because of time constraints could only add a few tweaks to it , Also they Won the SC with The Attention to detail that MT pounded into their heads, BUT the real reason they won the SC cup is because the Players were so sick of MT head games & Screaming at them & calling them out in the media that they would have won with The 3 Stooges as the Coaching Staff 

Well, you asked what they had won, lol.

Right now, the Pens remind me of the Washington Capitals under Boudreau. Great regular seasons and then flame out in the playoffs. Boudreau eventually got fired despite those great regular seasons. I don't know if Mario and Burkle will fire Bylsma at some point if this continues. They did fire Therrien the season after we were in the Cup Finals and the team sunk to 10th place in the conference. If they flame out again in the playoffs as a one seed then something will have to be done. You have to give Bylsma credit at the same time considering all of the injuries this team has had to deal with and yet still being at the top of the standings. I'm not just going to completely bash him. He has his strong points and weak points as a coach. Unfortunately. the weak points have shown up the past few years in the playoffs eventually getting outcoached in a series. Let's see what happens in the playoffs this time around. 

Agreed. This is how I view him as well. I think if the Pens don't at least get to the finals, Blysma is out. He has to be. They would need some sort of change at that point because something obviously wasn't working. He likely won't be out of work long, of course.

Team USA had a decent first period btw.

US is second in medals so not really a nightmare.

Speed skaters coming up empty

Skiing medal favorites struggling - though you could partially blame that on the crappy slopes

Shaun White with nothing

Women's hockey choking away the gold

Men's hockey likely medalless

Most of our medals have really come only from those new X-Games style events.

Well, you asked what they had won, lol.

Agreed. This is how I view him as well. I think if the Pens don't at least get to the finals, Blysma is out. He has to be. They would need some sort of change at that point because something obviously wasn't working. He likely won't be out of work long, of course.

Team USA had a decent first period btw.

he is going nowhere sadly Mario has become happy with selling out & Making playoffs & losing 

Yep, bylsma sucks.

Do me a favor...cheer for the flyers or caps if you hate him so much.

UMMM have been a fan since 1972 !! my guess is I have been a fan longer than you have been alive, My Uncle GOD Rest His soul took me  to games when you could have put off a Stick of Dynamite in the Civic Arena & No one would have gotten hurt ! went when there were at MOST 6,000 People there 

Speed skaters coming up empty

Skiing medal favorites struggling - though you could partially blame that on the crappy slopes

Shaun White with nothing

Women's hockey choking away the gold

Men's hockey likely medalless

Most of our medals have really come only from those new X-Games style events.

You mean like what Shaun White does? An Olympic sport is an Olympic sport.

Man, you could have a day where you win $10 million bucks, get a BJ from your favorite hot actress, and stub your toe, and you'd focus like a laser beam on that toe :lol:

I hate the "if you criticize the players/coach go root for someone else" attitude so much. It comes off as saying that anyone critical of the team is not a real fan of it.

You can take it too far though. I saw a lot of that last year on Bob Smziak's blog on the Post-Gazette during the Pirates run. The guys who root for a result that enables them to keep on whining as opposed to the team winning were pretty obvious.

You can take it too far though. I saw a lot of that last year on Bob Smziak's blog on the Post-Gazette during the Pirates run. The guys who root for a result that enables them to keep on whining as opposed to the team winning were pretty obvious.

Hurdle has made some dumb decisions & should be ripped at times, BUT he is Far & away the Best Coach/Manager in Pittsburgh Sports