• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

I don't see how you can blame Byslma for this game at all. Every game in the olympics is a big game and they did fine up until this point. They played a superior team and got outplayed, plain and simple. USA had plenty of chances in the 1st, they could have easily had 2 right there. All I've heard was how good of a job Dan was doing with this team, they lose to Canada and the first thing I read is someone bashing him.

Same story with DB year in and year out since the Stanley Cup. He can't adjust to the big boys.

absolutely no changes at all!!! that is what Jack Adams does all the time & then after the Game he says "We Didn't get to our Game" well sometimes the other team takes away "Your Game" & you have to adjust to the adjustments & he has NEVER done it 

& you have NEVER heard me say how great a job he was doing ! & I guarantee the Finns will win the Bronze Medal game too & USA will not Medal as I predicted before Olympics started . Bylsma is a Joke of a Head Coach.

Not you, but actual experts on the game have been hailing his approach to this team. I'm not sure what changes can be made, they were barely able to get into the zone the second half of the game. Maybe more dump and chase but that is Bylsma's entire gameplan, so I'm sure he was trying to get some more of that going. What would you have done different if you were coaching?

Same story with DB year in and year out since the Stanley Cup. He can't adjust to the big boys.

Nope when the talent level is even or Close it is all about coaching & adjustments & Jack Adams doesn't adjust 

Check his record in Playoffs since winning the SC with Michel Therriens system & a few tweaks to it.

Since he installed his "System" they are under .500 in playoffs 

Not you, but actual experts on the game have been hailing his approach to this team. I'm not sure what changes can be made, they were barely able to get into the zone the second half of the game. Maybe more dump and chase but that is Bylsma's entire gameplan, so I'm sure he was trying to get some more of that going. What would you have done different if you were coaching?

1st off his game is STRETCH PASS  STRETCH PASS STRETCH PASS, 2nd of his saying is Grind those Bitches down. & what you said about Canada clogging the middle is EXACTLY what teams in playoffs do to the Pens with Bylsma here & they don't adjust then either  

THAT Is how you STUFF Dan(Get To Our Game)Bylsmas' System 

lpqFn3o.png

Ok... 2010, the team was rolling and ran into a brickwall in Halak. We gave him everything he could handle and he shut us down. 2011, no Crosby or Malkin. Yes we should have advanced after being up 3-1 but would it have mattered? We weren't winning the cup. 2012, up 3-0 in game 1 against the Flyers. Briere scores on a blown offsides call and the entire series shifts on that one play. The players lost composure, no adjusting would have saved us. 2013 may be the only case where you can argue that Byslma was at fault for not adjusting. That Bruins series was brutal. I'm tired of everyone bashing him constantly and putting the blame on him. Much of it is not warrented. I get it that he doesn't adjust enough, but I don't think it is the sole reason we aren't winning.

1st off his game is STRETCH PASS  STRETCH PASS STRETCH PASS, 2nd of his saying is Grind those Bitches down. & what you said about Canada clogging the middle is EXACTLY what teams in playoffs do to the Pens with Bylsma here & they don't adjust then either

Yes, grind them down, as in dump and chase and forecheck. That's really the only way to beat a team that is clogging the middle. I'm sure he was preaching that on the bench during today's game and from what I saw I didn't see much of that. Just skilled players trying to carry the puck into the zone and make something happen.

Ok... 2010, the team was rolling and ran into a brickwall in Halak. We gave him everything he could handle and he shut us down. 2011, no Crosby or Malkin. Yes we should have advanced after being up 3-1 but would it have mattered? We weren't winning the cup. 2012, up 3-0 in game 1 against the Flyers. Briere scores on a blown offsides call and the entire series shifts on that one play. The players lost composure, no adjusting would have saved us. 2013 may be the only case where you can argue that Byslma was at fault for not adjusting. That Bruins series was brutal. I'm tired of everyone bashing him constantly and putting the blame on him. Much of it is not warrented. I get it that he doesn't adjust enough, but I don't think it is the sole reason we aren't winning.

I can cut him a break in 2011 and MAYBE 2010. But 2012...Bylsma cannot be letting the team be acting like a bunch of a**es and losing their composure while their rival walks right over them. Worst playoff series in a long time, that was until last year.

I can cut him a break in 2011 and MAYBE 2010. But 2012...Bylsma cannot be letting the team be acting like a bunch of a**es and losing their composure while their rival walks right over them. Worst playoff series in a long time, that was until last year.

No he can't but do you think he was not trying to calm them down? Do you think he was in the locker room before the game and in between periods saying, ok guys.. I know were losing, that doesn't matter. Just make sure you go out and be as undisciplined as possible and play like a bunch of goons. I doubt it.

No he can't but do you think he was not trying to calm them down? Do you think he was in the locker room before the game and in between periods saying, ok guys.. I know were losing, that doesn't matter. Just make sure you go out and be as undisciplined as possible and play like a bunch of goons. I doubt it.

Oh yeah it was a "great effort" as especially seen in game 3  :rolleyes:

The day I heard DB was the coach these Olympics I knew we were f***ed. And indeed, now they're relegated to bronze at best.

Oh yeah it was a "great effort" as especially seen in game 3  :rolleyes:

The day I heard DB was the coach these Olympics I knew we were f***ed. And indeed, now they're relegated to bronze at best.

The wheels completely fell off in that series after game 1. Players were more intent on taking cheap shots than trying to beat the other team. I just don't see what he could have done differently there. Sometimes the onus has to be on the players as well, and they were completely in our heads.

Yes, grind them down, as in dump and chase and forecheck. That's really the only way to beat a team that is clogging the middle. I'm sure he was preaching that on the bench during today's game and from what I saw I didn't see much of that. Just skilled players trying to carry the puck into the zone and make something happen.

NO !! what that does is Stuff the stretch Pass which is Bylsma Offense D Man Passes to a F near or on BL standing still he is going to be able to chase puck, & other F's are going to be lightly interfered with so they can't get to puck or Forecheck, Babcock is the NC for RW's who perfected the slight interference with Forechecker so that can't get in on Forecheck

The Thing is like this ! you are a Pitcher& you know this Batter can't hit a Curveball or Slider, Are you going to throw him a Fastball?? Bylsma would on every pitch 

The wheels completely fell off in that series after game 1. Players were more intent on taking cheap shots than trying to beat the other team. I just don't see what he could have done differently there. Sometimes the onus has to be on the players as well, and they were completely in our heads.

Because they don't listen too or Respect the Coaching Staff, In other words they have tuned them out 

I agree. Balsma is. Bad carma. Or something. They fire terian because he was to tough on them. But with younger unseasoned. Team he took them to finals. And lost. Balsma steps in. And team happy no more. Wolf. Yelling at them. Start winning and ride a winning streak into the playoffs and. Win. Against Detroit the cup. I don't consider that balsma. Ring. Here was there but he didn't earn it. He. Was in right seat at right time. Any time a game has true meaning he losses. Now the Olympics. Teams have no respect for him or he is jinxed. Either or. He has been here. Long time. And with bars down the best team in the nhl. And can't even get to the finals. I don't know what the problem is. Maybee he don't give evreything because he has to much job security.

All I know is, no amount of adjusting is going to help us this year if we don't get a little more depth scoring. Two lines carrying us isn't going to cut it in the playoffs. Especially if we meet up with Boston again.

well that is Bylsma & Shero because they ignore Europe & Forwards & drafts a ridiculous amount of D Men 

He must have something on Lemieux. Or. Can it be. Crosby. Likes him. And wants him.

BOTH!!! Mario doesn't want to look like a Hypocrite by firing a Players Coach which is what he always Wanted as a Player & Sid is defacto coach ! he demands Kunitz & Dupuis on his line & gets it 

Mario & Burkle don't care about winning SC ! They said that when the resigned Clown Fart Inc. which is what I call the CS ! They care about selling Out games & counting the Money in their Bank Accounts

They have the newest arena in the League & the NHL Players around the League rip CEC's Ice all the time 

I wanted to fire Bylsma after last years debacle. Regular season doesn't mean **** when you cant perform in the playoffs. How does a team go from scoring almost 2.5 goals a game to 3 in a series??? Obviously players are to blame also but Bylsma gets out coached but better coaches. Its that simple.

absolutely no changes at all!!! that is what Jack Adams does all the time & then after the Game he says "We Didn't get to our Game" well sometimes the other team takes away "Your Game" & you have to adjust to the adjustments & he has NEVER done it

& you have NEVER heard me say how great a job he was doing ! & I guarantee the Finns will win the Bronze Medal game too & USA will not Medal as I predicted before Olympics started . Bylsma is a Joke of a Head Coach

Idiots like you are the exact reason I refuse to follow the penguins. By far the dumbest fan base around.

1st in the Metropolitan and 1st in the Eastern Conference... people want to fire the coach. Typical Pittsburgh sports attitude.

Probably the same people that want Pitt to fire Jamie Dixon.

Don't get me started. There are people who want Clint hurdle fired too.

The people ripping bylsma in this thread are the pinnacle of stupid.

Don't get me started. There are people who want Clint hurdle fired too.

The people ripping bylsma in this thread are the pinnacle of stupid.

hurdle basically gave this city hope for the Buccos. My thinking was a change had to be made after the playoffs last year and someone had to be held accountable. So far Bylsma is doing an awesome job, BUT lets see if this carries over to the playoffs. And with that note Im going out and done posting for the night.

I wanted to fire Bylsma after last years debacle. Regular season doesn't mean **** when you cant perform in the playoffs. How does a team go from scoring almost 2.5 goals a game to 3 in a series??? Obviously players are to blame also but Bylsma gets out coached but better coaches. Its that simple.

He is 10-12 at Home in Playoffs since winning SC the Are SC PRETENDERS